Diego Peña concentrates his practice in the corporate and regulatory area of the firm, advising local and foreign clients on various matters, including mergers and acquisitions, project finance and corporate counseling in the areas of infrastructure, energy, public works concessions, engineering and construction. Diego has significant experience advising engineering and construction companies, equipment suppliers, banks and financial institutions, developers, operators and private investors, in the different stages and aspects of infrastructure projects developed in Chile and the rest of Latin America.
- Associate, 2015 to date (DLA Piper Australia, Perth, 2019)
- Associate, Barros & Errázuriz Abogados, 2012 – 2015
- Associate, Alcaíno, Rodríguez & Sahli Abogados, 2009 – 2011
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised in the acquistion of Parsosy Helios SpA, special purpose vehicle for the development of the “Llay-Llay” photovoltaic project (PMGD of 3MW).
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised the client in the acquisition of El Naranjal SpA from Gestión de Capital Adelantado SpA, and the acquisition of Parque Solar El Paso SpA and Parque Solar Villa Alegre SpA from Solek Chile Holding SpA. All of them special purpose vehicles holders of PMGD photovoltaic power plants.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised CarbonFree Chile SpA in the acquisition of GR Raulí SpA and GR Ulmo SpA, both of them special purpose vehicles for the development of photovoltaic power plants.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised the client in the acquisition of Apolo del Norte SpA, Nuovosol SpA, Sinergia Solar SpA and Solar Brothers SpA, all of them special purpose vehicles for the development of photovoltaic power plants (PMGD of 9MW).
- BEE SUDAMERICA S.L.: Legal advise in the formalization of a joint venture between Blue Elephant and oEnergy, for the development, construction, financing, debt structuring, operation and maintenance of 12 photovoltaic plants totaling approximately 120 MWp.
- Solarcentury Chile SpA: Advise the client submitted an offer in the bidding process carried out by the Ministry of National Assets, to obtain a concession of public lands for the development of three solar energy projects.
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: Advise on the acquisition and development of a portfolio of photovoltaic projects in the distributed generation segment.
- American Tower Corporation: Advise to the client on the purchase of assets from Entel in Chile and Peru (US$ 772 million)
- The Coca Cola Company (USA – Chile) – Andina – Embonor: Advise on the purchase of 100% of Comercializadora Novaverde S.A.- “Guallarauco” (US$ 80 million).
- Solar Century: Advise on development of a portfolio of photovoltaic projects, including Doña Carmen Project (Photovoltaic Solar Plant) with Energía Cerro El Morado SA (US$ 40 million).
- Ecoser S.A.: Advise to the client’s shareholders on the sale of 100% of the company’s shares (US$23 million).
- Chile (2009)
- Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A including compliance – Next Generation Lawyers 2018, Energy and Natural Resources: Electricity – Oil and Gas 2018 – 2019 – 2021, Projects and Infrastructure 2018, Projects and Infrastructure – Rising Stars 2021, Corporate and M&A 2019 – 2021)
- Best Lawyers (Energy Law 2020)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Universidad de Chile, 2008
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), School of Law, Northwestern University, Chicago, 2012
- Certificate in Business Administration, IE Business School, Madrid, 2012
- Diploma in Future Electricity Markets and their Regulation, School of Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2021
- Co-author “Los desafíos de la transición energética en el mercado chileno”, Auscham, 2021
- Getting the Deal Through, Renewable Energy, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Columna de opinión: Innovación y Eficiencia Energética (Latercera.com – 26 Marzo 2021)
- Solarcentury adquiere terrenos del Gobierno chileno para tres parques solares (Lex Latin – July 27, 2020)
- American Tower compra más de 3.200 antenas a Entel (Lex Latin – January 7, 2020)
- American Tower compra portafolio de antenas a Entel por US$ 772 Millones (Diario Financiero – December 20, 2019)
- Primera operación post 18-O: Entel vende antenas en Chile y Perú por US$772 millones (La Tercera – Pulso – December 20, 2019)
- Entel vende en US$ 772 millones gran parte de sus torres de antenas en Chile y Perú a American Tower (El Mercurio – December 20, 2019)
- Primera operación post 18-O: Entel vende antenas en Chile y Perú por US$772 millones (La Tercera Online – December 20, 2019)
- Grenergy refuerza estrategia de rotación de activos en Chile con la venta de 27 plantas solares (Lex Latin, September 10, 2019)
- Webinar on Energy Regulation and Renewables in Chile, Australia, 2019