Eduardo Araya focuses his practice in providing legal advice to companies and individuals, in corporate aspects, companies, civil and commercial contracting, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual and industrial property. In addition, he has experience as an internal lawyer in different industrial companies related to construction and elevators, with knowledge and practice in these markets and their regulation.
In addition, Eduardo regularly advises developing companies in the acquisition of photovoltaic plants and has carried out studies in water management and regulation.
- Associate, 2015 to date
- Associate, Guzmán & Cía. Abogados, 2014
- Lawyer, Ministry of Mining, 2013
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.: Advised the client, as borrower, in the structuring and execution of a US$ 803.1 million refinancing transaction for its portfolio of assets in Chile, through a US$ 710 million private placement green bond and a US$ 93.1 million credit agreement.
- Odd Industries: Advised the client (a technology startup) in the sale of a majority stake to Maderas Arauco S.A., one of the largest companies in Chile.
- Soluciones en Minería y Energía SpA (“Zyght“): We advised the client in the sell and transfer of the commercial operations of Zyght, including all its technology, assets, certain liabilities and business, to the company Datamine Chile S.A., Chilean subsidiary of Vela Software International, Inc., a well-known global company in software development, marketing and related services.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised the client in the acquisition of El Naranjal SpA from Gestión de Capital Adelantado SpA, and the acquisition of Parque Solar El Paso SpA and Parque Solar Villa Alegre SpA from Solek Chile Holding SpA. All of them special purpose vehicles holders of PMGD photovoltaic power plants.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised CarbonFree Chile SpA in the acquisition of GR Raulí SpA and GR Ulmo SpA, both of them special purpose vehicles for the development of photovoltaic power plants.
- E.ON Climate & Renewable Chile SpA: Continued advise on commercial and corporate matters, in the establishment of the company for the development of energy projects in Chile.
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: Advise on the acquisition and development of more than 20 solar photovoltaic energy projects.
- Hidroeléctrica Dongo SpA: Assistance in investing in an energy company that owns run-of-the-river hydroelectric plants, and advice on the potential commercialization of the energy produced.
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: Advised this company in the negotiation of an international syndicated loan with project finance type guarantees.
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: Advised on the acquisition of Fotovoltaica Alerce SpA, a special vehicle for the development of the Pitotoy photovoltaic plant (3 MW).
- CarbonFree Technologies Inc.: Advised on the acquisition of GR Meli SpA, GR Lilen SpA, GR Alerce SpA and GR Palma SpA, all of them special purpose vehicles for the development of 30 MW photovoltaic plants.
- The Coca Cola Company – Andina – Embonor (USA – Chile): Advise on the purchase of 100% of Comercializadora Novaverde S.A.- “Guallarauco” (US$80 million).
- EDF Energies Nouvelles: On the development of a 140MW solar power plant in the north of Chile called the Laberinto Project.
- EDF Nouvelles: Assistance with due diligence and acquisition of several SPVs of Laberinto Este and Laberinto Oeste solar projects in the north of Chile from Ingenostrum.
- Carbonfree Technologies Inc.: Advise on the purchase of photovoltaic projects.
- Chile (2013)
- Best Lawyers® (Venture Capital 2020 - 2021 – 2022 - 2023)
- The Legal 500 (Venture Capital 2021 - 2022)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2012
- Course Institutions and Current Principles of Law and Water Management, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2019
- Grenergy refuerza estrategia de rotación de activos en Chile con la venta de 27 plantas solares (Lex Latin – September 10, 2019)