Eduardo Araya focuses his practice in providing legal advice to companies and individuals, in corporate aspects, companies, civil and commercial contracting, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual and industrial property. In addition, he has experience as an internal lawyer in different industrial companies related to construction and elevators, with knowledge and practice in these markets and their regulation.
In addition, Eduardo regularly advises developing companies in the acquisition of photovoltaic plants and has carried out studies in water management and regulation.
- Associate, 2015 to date
- Associate, Guzmán & Cía. Abogados, 2014
- Lawyer, Ministry of Mining, 2013
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised the client in the acquisition of El Naranjal SpA from Gestión de Capital Adelantado SpA, and the acquisition of Parque Solar El Paso SpA and Parque Solar Villa Alegre SpA from Solek Chile Holding SpA. All of them special purpose vehicles holders of PMGD photovoltaic power plants.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised CarbonFree Chile SpA in the acquisition of GR Raulí SpA and GR Ulmo SpA, both of them special purpose vehicles for the development of photovoltaic power plants.
- E.ON Climate & Renewable Chile SpA: Continued advise on commercial and corporate matters, in the establishment of the company for the development of energy projects in Chile.
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: Advise on the acquisition and development of more than 20 solar photovoltaic energy projects.
- Hidroeléctrica Dongo SpA: Assistance in investing in an energy company that owns run-of-the-river hydroelectric plants, and advice on the potential commercialization of the energy produced.
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: Advised this company in the negotiation of an international syndicated loan with project finance type guarantees.
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: Advised on the acquisition of Fotovoltaica Alerce SpA, a special vehicle for the development of the Pitotoy photovoltaic plant (3 MW).
- CarbonFree Technologies Inc.: Advised on the acquisition of GR Meli SpA, GR Lilen SpA, GR Alerce SpA and GR Palma SpA, all of them special purpose vehicles for the development of 30 MW photovoltaic plants.
- The Coca Cola Company – Andina – Embonor (USA – Chile): Advise on the purchase of 100% of Comercializadora Novaverde S.A.- “Guallarauco” (US$80 million).
- EDF Energies Nouvelles: On the development of a 140MW solar power plant in the north of Chile called the Laberinto Project.
- Nouvelles: Assistance with due diligence and acquisition of several SPVs of Laberinto Este and Laberinto Oeste solar projects in the north of Chile from Ingenostrum.
- Carbonfree Technologies Inc.: Advise on the purchase of photovoltaic projects.
- Chile (2013)
- Best Lawyers (Corporate and M&A Law 2019 – 2020, Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice 2019 – 2020, Energy Law 2019 – 2020)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2012
- Course Institutions and Current Principles of Law and Water Management, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2019
- Grenergy refuerza estrategia de rotación de activos en Chile con la venta de 27 plantas solares (Lex Latin – September 10, 2019)