Germán Vargas is part of the tax team of DLA Piper Chile. His professional practice is focused on providing tax advice to individuals and companies in different aspects related to national and international taxation matters. He has extensive experience in the analysis, interpretation and application of tax legislation.
He has advised and represented national and foreign companies in tax planning, M&A operations, international taxation and auditing processes in their administrative and judicial stages.
- Associate, 2018 to date
- Associate, CMS Carey & Allende Abogados (Santiago), 2015-2018
- Attorney-at-law in the Office of the Director and the Directorate of Large Taxpayers of the Internal Revenue Service, 2008-2015
- Colektia: Advised the client in the closing of a Series A Preferred Stock financing round, for a value of USD $4,200,000. Additionally, we carried out a tax analysis to review the implications and convenience of establishing the Holding Company in the United States.
- Oaktree Capital Management L.P.: Advise the client, as a creditor of Tranche A, for US$1,300,000,000, for the DIP (“Debtor-in-Possession”) Financing Contract in Latin America.
- Construction Company: Represented and advised in audit processes before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Construction Company: Legaly represented in claims before the Tax and Customs Courts.
- Telecommunications Company: Advised on tax matters in the international reorganization of a group of telecommunications companies. Advised and represented in procedures of inspection before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Red de Alimentos: Advise on tax aspects related to its operations.
- Chile (2004)
- Legal 500 (Tax 2021)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Viña del Mar, 2004
- Master in Taxation, School of Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, 2011
- Master of Laws, LL.M, School of Law, University of Virginia, 2013
- Professor of Tax Law, School of Law, Universidad del Desarrollo, 2015 to date.
- Chilean Bar Association
- Latam Airlines consigue crédito DIP para enfrentar la crisis (Lex Latin – October 30, 2020)