Gonzalo Zegers specializes in tax matters. His practice is focused on advising domestic and foreign clients in the structuring of businesses and companies (locals and foreign), international taxation and the counsel and defense of taxpayers before the Chilean Tax Agency and the Tax and Customs Courts.
- Associate, 2018 to date
- PwC Chile, 2015-2017
- Uber – Cornershop: Advised both clients as joint counsel in the US$3,000 million agreement to acquire fully ownership of Cornershop, by means of the acquisition of the remaining 47% not owned by Uber. This deal is the second step of the previous acquisition of a controlling interest in Cornershop by Uber in 2019 and 2020.
- Fracttal: We advised our client Fracttal SpA in raising a US$ 5.3 million investment round. The process was led by the Spanish fund Seaya Ventures and counted with the participation of the fund GoHub, which is part of the Spanish group Global Omnium.
- Multiple Chilean [start-ups] entrepreneurs: Taylor-made reorganization to create an international structure suitable for foreign capital investments and the expansion of their business in both local and foreign jurisdictions.
- Colektia: Advised the client in the closing of a Series A Preferred Stock financing round, for a value of USD $4,200,000.
- Uber Chile SpA.: Advise the client since its arrival in Chile on tax planning and advise for the development of its operations in Chile.
- Cornershop and Uber: Legal tax advise, as joint counsel for Uber and Cornershop, regarding the acquisition of majority ownership of Cornershop by Uber – Awarded “Deal of the Year 2021” in the category “private M&A” by Latin Lawyer.
- Construction company: Representation and advice in auditing processes before the Internal Revenue Service (SII).
- Family groups: Advise on tax planning of their estates.
- Multiple companies: Tax advise on M&A due diligence procedure.
- Multiple clients: Tax advise on aspect related to taxation on digital services.
- Sembrando Futuro Foundation
- Chile (2016)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Universidad de los Andes, 2014
- Diploma in Analysis and Tax Planning, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2017
- Tax Management Magister, School of Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, 2018 – 2019
- Cornershop concreta alianza con Uber (Lex Latin – August 18, 2021)
- Uber acquires remaining stake in Cornershop (Leaders League – July 2, 2021)
- Uber`s Acquisition of Remaining 47% Interest in Cornershop (Global Legal – June 25, 2021)