José Tomás Musalem concentrates his practice in Corporate Law, M&A, Venture Capital and Private Equity matters, among others.
- Associate, 2021 to date
- Capitalizarme.com: We advised our client Capitalizarme.com, a company that develop and operate a marketplace for real estate assets, in the acquisition of 51% of the ownership of Brokers Digitales.
- Talana (Linq SpA): Advised Talana (Linq SpA), a Chilean start-up that developed and commercializes a software for software to digitize and automate the processes related to employee management within companies, in the acquisition of 100% ownership of Key Clouding (Tescloud SpA), Chilean company that offers software solutions to streamline and simplify the selection of talent, improving recruitment processes within companies.
- Fen Ventures – Vita Wallet: We advised both Fen Ventures and Vita Wallet in the closing of a financing round in the latter company for a total of USD $750,000, through convertible notes, in which the corporate venture capital area of ABC Din also participated. Vita Wallet is a company that through its virtual wallet allows people to send payments to multiple destinations around the world.
- Local investor: We advised the client, a Chilean fund on the investment of US$2,500,000 in the Series B extension round of Holo, a Newark, CA-based metal additive manufacturing company.
- Fen Ventures: Advised the client in the US$250,000 investment in the seed round of Wibond, a Fintech that offers, through its platform, installment payments without the need for a credit card.
- Vestúa: We advised the client in their series A investment round of US$1,500,000 subscribed by local investors.
- Fen Ventures: We advised the client in the US$400,000 investment in the bridge round of Vita Wallet, a Fintech that offers companies and individuals the ability to send or receive international payments quickly and easily.
- Fen Ventures: Advised the client in the US$350,000 investment in the seed round of Flycrew Chile, a company that manages a training hub.
- Customer Scoops: We advised Customer Scoops in their series seed investment round of US$220,000 subscribed by local investors with convertible instruments.
- Wareclouds: We advised the client in the investment of US$1,200,000 through a capital increase and the issuance of Series Seed Prefered Shares of Wareclouds SpA, which were paid by CLIN Fondo de Inversión Privado, Plug and Play Venture Group, LLC and other local and foreign investors. On the other hand, the outstanding SAFE´s were converted.
- Talana: We advised the client, a Chilean start-up that developed an HR software, on the sale of the majority ownership to Endurance Investments, who bought through a public investment fund created specifically for this investment.
- Fracttal: We advised our client Fracttal SpA in raising a US$ 5.3 million investment round. The process was led by the Spanish fund Seaya Ventures and counted with the participation of the fund GoHub, which is part of the Spanish group Global Omnium.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advise to CarbonFree Chile SpA as borrower for the 10th disbursement of the financing agreement granted by a bank syndicate led by Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, in its capacity as administrative agent. The draw was granted for the acquisition of four photovoltaic power projects owned by JREL Solar SpA and to cover operation and VAT expenses for certain existing projects.
- Chile (2022)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2020
- Wareclouds’ $1,2 Million Investment (Global Legal Chronicle - October 22, 2021)
- Endurance Investments buys stake in Chilean software startup Talana (Leaders League - July 28, 2021)