Josefina Consiglio is counsel at the Corporate and M&A group of DLA Piper Chile, especially practicing in Corporate Governance. She has an extended experience advising clients about Corporate Governance best practices and their implementation process; reporting to the Financial Market Commission (“CMF”); drafting Corporate Governance manuals and policies, evaluation of boards and committees and directors’ duties, among others. Her advice includes the analysis of corporate governance structures and proposals to improve them.
Josefina has also experience in mergers and acquisitions, especially in the acquisition of energy projects, and in development of renewable energy projects.
In addition, she is the Director of Marketing, Business Development and Communications at DLA Piper Chile.
- Counsel, 2022 to date
- Director of Marketing, Business Development and Communications, 2017 to date
- Associate, 2013 a 2022
- Asociación Gremial de Generadoras de Chile: Advised on the evaluation of the functioning of its corporate governance framework.
- Televisión Nacional: Advised on the modification of its corporate governance structure, policies and framework.
- Several listed companies: Advised on board evaluation processes, corporate governance policies and compliance programs.
Energy and Natural Resources:
- EDF Energies Nouvelles: Advising in the due diligence and acquisition of Laberinto Este and Laberinto Oeste solar projects from Ingenostrum.
- Solar Century: Advising in several due diligence to acquire equity participation in different solar projects and assistance preparing corporate documents for such acquisitions and project development agreements. Advice on EPC and O&M contracts with developers and project companies.
- Cofides: Advising in the due diligence of two photovoltaic power plants in the northern region of Chile owned.
- Essentium: Advising in the due diligence of a photovoltaic power plants in the northern region of Chile.
- Chile (2009)
- The Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A 2023)
- Best Lawyers® (Corporate and M&A Law 2019 – 2020 - 2021 – 2022 - 2023, Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice 2019 – 2020 - 2021 – 2022 - 2023, Energy Law 2019 – 2020 - 2021 – 2022 - 2023)
- Wien Corporate Responsibility Fellow, Columbia University (2012)
- Becas Chile, CONICYT (2012)
- Beca Fulbright, Comisión Fulbright Chile (2011)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2004
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), School of Law, Columbia University, 2013
- Colegio de Abogados de Chile A.G.
- Co-author “Corporate Governance in Latin America: Comparative Analysis between Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico” Instituto de Empresa, Spain, 2013
- Getting the Deal Through, Securities Finance, 2014 – 2015
- Getting the Deal Through, Corporate Governance, 2017 – 2018 - 2019
- Speaker at “Biennial IBA Latin American Regional Forum Conference”, “Work Life Balance”, Botogá, Colombia, 2012.