Paulina Farias focuses her practice in Regulated Markets, providing advice to clients in the execution of energy project, bidding processes, administrative procedures before several public authorities and claims before special administrative tribunals.
In Telecommunications, Paulina has extensive experience in the acquisition and installation of telecommunications infrastructure, obtaining concessions and permits, bidding processes, especially public ones, and contracts with public and private entities to provide telecommunications services.
Paulina also advises clients in regulatory requirements compliance for business development, executing effective solutions that allow their proper progress.
Her relevant experience includes clients from different sectors, such as, energy, technology, chemical, pharma, oil and gas, real estate and construction, infrastructure, food and beverage, among others.
- Associate, 2014 to date
- Ministry of Public Works, 2010-2014
- Oil Dri Corporation of America: Advised in the registration of several products for animal consumption before the Agricultural and Livestock Service (“SAG”), a procedure required prior the marketing of such products in Chile.
- CarbonFree Technology: The Supreme Court dismissed the appeal filed by the Municipality of San Felipe against the judgment of the First Environmental Court, which ruled on the favorable qualification made by the Environmental Assessment Service regarding the project of CarbonFree Technology, Encon Solar.
- American Tower Corporation: Advise client on the purchased of 30,722 telecommunication towers from Telefónica Group in Europe (Germany and Spain) and Latin America (Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Peru).
- Food Company: Representation before competition authorities for obtaining authorizations that allowed the expansion of the Company in the market.
- Food Companies: Representation before Public Procurement Court for in order to obtain the correct award of the tender.
- Technology Company: Representation before Public Procurement Court for in order to obtain the correct award of the tender.
- Infrastructure Company: Representation before Public Procurement Court for in order to obtain the correct award of the tender.
- Education Company: Representation before Public Procurement Court for in order to obtain the correct award of the tender.
- Energy Company: Representation before Environmental Court for confirming the proper environmental assessment of a photovoltaic plant.
- Educational Corporation: Representation in a sanction procedure managed by Ministry of Education for obtaining the dismissal of the charges.
- Companies dedicated to the supply of heavy machinery: Representation in a sanctioning process managed by the Ministry of Interior, in order to obtain the dismissal of the charges.
- Media Company: Representation in a sanctioning process managed by National Television Beard by, in order to obtain the dismissal of the charges.
- Construction Company: Representation in a sanctioning process managed by Ministry of Public Works, in order to obtain the dismissal of the charges.
- Energy Companies: Representation in the acquisition and purchase of several energy projects based on non-conventional renewable energy.
- Telecommunication Company: Advise in the execution of innovative projects for expanding its business in areas of difficult access and connection.
- Telecommunication Company: Advise in the acquisition of telecommunication equipment.
- Food Company: Advise in a bidding procedure managed by Ministry of Education for the purpose of obtaining the award of the tender.
- Power Generation Company: Advise in energy bidding processes for the consumption of electricity by residential customers.
- Media Company: Advise in a sanctioning process managed by National Television Beard in order to obtain the dismissal of the charges.
- Pharmaceutical Companies: Assist in the implementation of new legal requirements approved by legislator.
- Food Companies: Assist in the implementation of new legal requirements approved by legislator.
- Transportation Company: Assist in its entry into the market to provide private passenger service.
- Medical Supply Company: Assist in the obtention of different authorizations issued by Institute of Public Health for starting an innovative business in Chile.
- Chile (2010)
- The Legal 500 (Public Law 2018 – 2019 - 2021 – 2022 - 2023, Energy and Natural Resources: Electricity - Oil and Gas 2018 – 2019 - 2021 – 2022 - 2023, Projects and Infrastructure 2018 – 2021 - Rising Star 2022 - 2023)
- Best Lawyers® (Administrative and Public Law 2020 - 2021 – 2022 - 2023)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Universidad Diego Portales, 2009
- Diploma in Economic Administrative Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2012
- Diploma in Mining and Geothermal Energy, School of Law, Universidad Finis Terrae, 2013
- LL.M. with speciality on Regulatory Law, School of Law, Pontificia Unversidad Católica de Chile, 2018
- Chilean Bar Association
- Paulina Farias Castro Farias participó en la #2022AmericasConference en Orlando, Estados
Unidos (June 16, 2022)
- Sobre Tribunales Administrativos, Tributarios y Aduaneros (Diario Financiero - March 30, 2022)
- American Tower adquiere filiales de Telxius de Telefónica (Lex Latin - January 25, 2021)