Felipe Massardo focuses his practice in Energy and Natural Resources area, specifically in the development of energy projects (photovoltaic, hydroelectric and wind energy) in environmental analysis and in sanitary matters in general.
In addition, Felipe is part of the Regulated Markets area, advising national and foreign clients from different fields in bidding processes, public works concessions, sanctioning procedures before diverse sectorial authorities and litigation before specialized courts.
Finally, Felipe dedicates part of his practice to issues associated with the protection of personal data, assisting clients in the development of policies on the subject, as well as in the review of agreements for the processing and transfer of data.
Associate, 2016 to date
Energy, Natural Resources and Environment:
- Coca-Cola de Chile S.A.: Advice on the new obligations that arose for the client due to the entry into force of Law 20,920 that establishes a framework for waste management, extended producer responsibility and the promotion of recycling.
- E.ON Climate & Renewables Chile SpA: Permanent advice in corporate matters related to the landing of the Company in Chile, for the development of energy projects in our country.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advise in the acquisition and development of more than 20 solar projects. Also, permanent legal assistance related to environmental and electric matters, arisen in the context of the development of the projects owned by the client.
- Sky Solar Holding Ltd.: Advise in due diligence processes and drafting and negotiation of relevant contracts for the acquisition of photovoltaic plants and transmission lines. Also, permanent legal assistance related to environmental and electric matters, arisen in the context of the development of the projects owned by the client.
- Agrofruta S.A. and Empresas Torre S.A.: Advise to the clients, as energy consumers, in the change from a system of regulated prices to one of free price, particularly on the review and negotiation of contracts with generation companies.
- Hidroeléctrica Dongo SpA: Assistance in the acquisition and refinancing of an energy company that owns hydro power plants and advice on the potential commercialization of the energy produced.
- PBF Holding Co.: Advise on analysis of regulations and obligations applicable to the import of oil and fuels to Chile, with the client being the selling company.
- Uber:Advice to Uber Chile regarding multiple regulatory matters including the bill of law that intends to regulate the services provided by online platforms which is currently being discussed at the Chilean Congress. Also, permanent counseling regarding applicable regulations regarding consumer protection and other relevant sectorial regulations. Our advice includes diverse matters related to UberEats, especially regarding health and foods applicable rules.
- Distribuidora de Alimentos S.A.: Advice and representation in lawsuits against the National Board of School Assistance and Scholarships (JUNAEB) followed before the Public Procurement Court and before the Court of Appeals of Santiago, objecting the results of public tenders for the provision of food services in public educational establishments.
- Sociedad de Servicios de Alimentación S.A. (SOSER S.A.): Advice and representation in lawsuits against the National Board of School Assistance and Scholarships (JUNAEB) followed before the Public Procurement Court and before the Court of Appeals of Santiago, objecting the results of public tenders for the provision of food services in public educational establishments.
- Airbnb: Regulatory advice in the process of knowledge of the Chilean market, especially in matters of tourism and hotel regulations and its applicability to the app developed by the client.
- BASF Chile: Advice in matters related to the Agriculture and Livestock Service (SAG) and the Regional Ministerial Secretaries of Health, and the applicable regulation to pesticides and other controlled substances.
- Kimberly-Clark Chile: Permanent counseling to the client in matters related to consumer protection and on applicable regulation to the products of its line of business.
TMT (Telecommunications, Media, Technology) and Data Protection:
- Canal Dos S.A.: Assistance on the applicable regulation of the TV sector, and representation before the National Television Council (CNTV) in administrative procedures.
- American Tower Chile S.A.: Counseling regarding telecommunication permits for the installation and operation of towers for antennas, as well as on the applicable regulation for concessionaries of intermediate telecommunication services.
- OneWeb: Assistance in the regulatory analysis on applicable laws to satellites in Chile, including the participation of the client in the Public Consultation process for the national plan “5G para Chile”, called by the Undersecretary of Telecommunications.
- L’Oréal, Modella Group, Rijk Zwaan Chile, and other local and foreign companies of diverse sectors: Counseling on regulatory analysis regarding data protection, including the review of the bill of law in the field currently being processed at the National Congress.
- Itaú Corpbanca, Banco de Crédito del Perú S.A.S and Banco BICE: Advise the clients, as lenders, in regulatory, electric and environmental matters related to the loan facility granted to three Atlántica Yield´s entities for the refinancing of the borrower´s debt governed under the laws of New York.
- Sky Solar Holding Ltd.: Advice in the negotiation of a credit with project finance guarantees for USD 35,000,000.
- CarbonFree Technology: Assistance to the company in the negotiation of a credit with project finance guarantees for USD 107,000,000.
Spanish, English and Italian
Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2015
- Teaching Assistant at “Professional Ethics” class, School of Law, Universidad del Desarrollo, 2019
- Teaching Assistant at “Public International Law” class, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2013 – present)
- Collaborator at “Indigenous Law and Public Policy” class, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2014 – 2016
- Teaching Assistant at “Logic” class, School of Philosophy, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2011
- Member of the Chilean Society of International Law (SOCHIDI)