Germán Vargas is part of the tax team of DLA Piper Chile. His professional practice is focused on providing tax advice to individuals and companies in different aspects related to national and international taxation matters. He has extensive experience in the analysis, interpretation and application of tax legislation.
He has advised and represented national and foreign companies in tax planning, M&A operations, international taxation and auditing processes in their administrative and judicial stages.
- Associate, 2018 to date
- Associate, CMS Carey & Allende Abogados (Santiago), 2015-2018
- Attorney-at-law in the Office of the Director and the Directorate of Large Taxpayers of the Internal Revenue Service, 2008-2015
- Construction Company: Represented and advised in audit processes before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Construction Company: Legaly represented in claims before the Tax and Customs Courts of a construction company.
- Telecommunications Company: Advised on tax matters in the international reorganization of a group of telecommunications companies. Advised and represented in procedures of inspection before the Internal Revenue Service.
Spanish and English
- Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Viña del Mar, 2004
- Master in Taxation, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, 2011
- Master of Laws, LL.M, University of Virginia School of Law, 2013
Professor of Tax Law, School of Law, Universidad del Desarrollo, 2015 to date.
Chilean Bar Association
Red de Alimentos: Advise on tax aspects related to its operations.