Jorge Timmermann focuses his practice advising both Chilean and foreign clients in mergers and acquisitions transactions, capital markets, venture capital, corporate government and projects development, among others.
- Associate, 2014 to date
- Foreign Associate at DLA Piper LLP (US) – New York Office, 2017-2018
- Capital Markets Advisor of the Ministry of Finance, 2011 – 2013
- Associate, Carey y Cía., 2008 – 2011
- Arch Daily: Advise the client on the sale of its digital architecture platform “ArchDaily” with operations in Chile, Mexico, USA, Hong Kong and China to the Swiss company, Architonic AG.
- Giddings Fruit S.A.: Assisted the client, as borrower, in a financing agreement governed by New York law called “Note Purchase and Guarantee Agreement” (“NPA”), by means of which certain foreign investors, as lenders, acquired promissory notes (“Notes”) that Giddings Fruit S.A. issued with the purpose of finance several corporate matters of Giddings Fruit S.A. and its subsidiaries, located in Chile, Mexico, Peru, United States of America, England and China.
- Cornershop and Uber: Advise on the acquisition of a majority percentage of Cornershop by Uber.
- Shareholders of Cornershop (Chile – México): Advise on the potential sale of Cornershop to Walmart (USD $225 million).
- The Coca Cola Company – Andina – Embonor (USA – Chile): Advise on the purchase of 100% of Comercializadora Novaverde S.A.- “Guallarauco” (USD $80 million).
- Grupo Castaño: Advise on the purchase of the Kingsbury and Pan Pierre business lines of BredenMaster S.A. (undisclosed amount).
- Encourage Capital LLC: Advise on the acquisition of a stake in Geomar S.A., a Chilean seafood Company.
- Chile (2009)
- The Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A)
- Best Lawyers (Capital Markets Law – 2020)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2008
- Master in Law (LL.M.), School of Law, Columbia University, New York, 2014
- Teaching assistant of Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Governance, LL.M – Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Founder and Executive Director of Fundación Cientouno
- Getting the Deal Through, Securities Finance, 2016 – 2017
- Venta de Cornershop a Uber sortea la valla de la FNE y solo resta la aprobación de México (Pulso – May 30, 2020)
- Architonic compra ArchDaily para crear la mayor plataforma de arquitectura en línea (Lex Latin – May 26, 2020)
- El comienzo de una nueva era entre ArchDaily y Architonic: sus protagonistas adelantan retos y planes de la fusión de ambas plataformas (El Mercurio – May 7, 2020)
- Giddings Fruit obtiene recursos para financiar compra de activos (Lex Latin – 9 March, 2020)
- Uber’s $450 Million Acquisition Of Cornershop (Latin Lawyer – October 31, 2019)
- La trastienda del acuerdo y los escenarios que enfrenta la compra de Cornershop a manos de Uber (El Mercurio – October 14, 2019)
- El equipo especialista en capital de riesgo detrás de la operación en Chile (Diario Financiero – October 14, 2019)
- Uber enciende el mercado del delivery con anuncio de ingreso a propiedad de Cornershop (La Tercera – Pulso – October 12, 2019)
- Eurofarma mejora su posición en el mercado farmacéutico chileno (Lex Latin – July 1, 2019)