Macarena Alliende concentrates her practice in the Antitrust & Competition law. In that context, she advises clients from various industries, including technology and media, consumer products, retail and pharmacies. Macarena has an extensive practice, including the design and implementation of competition compliance programs, internal and external investigations, and litigation and merger control procedures, both before the National Economic Prosecutor’s Office (FNE) and before the Tribunal for the Defense of Competition (TDLC).
Macarena regularly advises clients on competition matters in day-to-day business, mainly related to potential abuses of dominant position in commercial practices and policies, such as: collaboration between competitors, exclusivity agreements, use of competitor information, among other matters related to the area.
- Associate, 2019 to date
- American Tower Corporation: Advise client on the purchased of 30,722 telecommunication towers from Telefónica Group in Europe (Germany and Spain) and Latin America (Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Peru).
- Cornershop and Uber: Representation on the merger control procedure before the National Economic Prosecutor’s Office (FNE) in the acquisition of a majority percentage of Cornershop by Uber.
- Uber Chile SpA: Defense against legal actions brought by associations of taxi drivers before the Tribunal for the Defense of Competition (TDLC) for alleged unfair trade practices.
- Chile (2020)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Universidad de Chile, 2017
- Fellow of the international program “Hoover IP2 Summer Teaching Institute on the Economics and Politics of Regulation”, Stanford University, 2017
- Research Assistant to the Center for Regulation and Competition (RegCom), School of Law, Universidad de Chile, 2017
- Economic Law teaching assistant, School of Law, Universidad de Chile, 2016-2017
- Administrative Law teaching assistant, School of Law, Universidad de Chile, 2015-2017
- Introduction to Law I and II teaching assistant, School of Law, Universidad de Chile, 2014-2017
- Article DLA Piper Law Blog: Merger control: distressed M&A in the time of Covid-19
- Venta de Cornershop a Uber sortea la valla de la FNE y solo resta la aprobación de México (Pulso – May 30, 2020)
- El equipo especialista en capital de riesgo detrás de la operación en Chile (Diario Financiero – October 14, 2019)