Macarena Alliende concentrates her practice in the Antitrust & Competition area. In that context, he advises clients from various industries, including technology and media, consumer products, retail and pharmacies. Macarena has an extensive practice, including the design and implementation of competition compliance programs, internal and external investigations, and litigation and merger control procedures, both before the National Economic Prosecutor’s Office (FNE) and before the Tribunal for the Defense of Competition (TDLC).
Macarena regularly advises clients on competition matters in day-to-day business, mainly related to potential abuses of dominant position in commercial practices and policies, such as: collaboration between competitors, exclusivity agreements, use of competitor information, among other matters related to the area.
Associate, 2019 to date
- Cornershop and Uber: Representation on the merger control procedure before the National Economic Prosecutor’s Office (FNE) in the acquisition of a majority percentage of Cornershop by Uber.
- Uber Chile SpA: Defense against legal actions brought by associations of taxi drivers before the Tribunal for the Defense of Competition (TDLC) for alleged unfair trade practices.
Spanish and English
- Law, Universidad de Chile, 2017
- Fellow of the international program “Hoover IP2 Summer Teaching Institute on the Economics and Politics of Regulation”, Stanford University, 2017
- Research Assistant to the Center for Regulation and Competition (RegCom), Law School, Universidad de Chile, 2017
- Economic Law teaching assistant, Law School, Universidad de Chile, 2016-2017
- Administrative Law teaching assistant, Law School, Universidad de Chile, 2015-2017
- Introduction to Law I and II teaching assistant, Law School, Universidad de Chile, 2014-2017
Latin Lawyer – 31 Oct 2019
In Chile, DLA Piper advised Uber and Cornershop with a team formed by Matías Zegers, Jorge Timmermann, Carolina Bawlitza, Macarena Alliende and Pilar Ay.
Diario Financiero – 14 Oct 2019
DLA Piper has advised Cornershop partners in their long history of entrepreneurship.