Macarena Iturra focus her practice mainly on representing and defending the interests of national and international clients in complex disputes before ordinary, special and arbitral courts and administrative-regulatory bodies, in commercial, investment, corporate, consumer protection, mining, general regulatory and administrative procedures. Likewise, her practices includes investigations in cases of corruption and compliance.
During the last few years, Macarena has represented the interests of several individuals and corporations in controversies of high public connotation, obtaining resolutions favorable to their interests and which have marked -in several cases- precedents of great relevance in matters of regulation, corporate responsibility, unfair competition, capital markets, among others.
- Counsel, 2017 to date
- Litigation Area Director, Albagli & Zaliasnik, Santiago, Chile, 2006-2017
- External Legal Divison Lawyer of Corpbanca, Corplegal, Santiago, Chile, 2004-2006
- Associate, Quinzio, Novoa & Cía, Santiago, Chile, 2002-2004.
Alternative Dispute Resolution and Arbitration:
Wide experience in dispute resolution mechanisms, especially in commercial and civil arbitration, such as commercial disputes, conflicts between partners, breach of contract, construction contracts, etc.
Experience in handling all types of litigation, civil, commercial and administrative. In her experience we can highlight:
- Uber: Representation of the client in both the administrative and judicial stages, in which we have defended the refusal to provide sensitive banking information requested by the IRS. In addition, the client was successfully represented in high profile cases regarding the work he carries out in Chile and its insertion in the current regulatory framework.
- Deoleo: Defense in a claim seeking damages from Canal 13 for making unfounded claims against the olive oil industry in Chile and, in particular, relating to the quality of Carbonell’s Olive Oil, on the TV show “Contacto”.
- Antarctic Sea Fisheries S.A.: Representation the client in a dispute initiated by SERNAPESCA, before the ordinary courts in relation to an alleged infringement of the national Fishing Law.
- Groupon: In mediation processes before the Sernac (Governmental Agency for the Protection of Consumers) and judicial class actions filed by the later before local courts for alleged breaches of Consumer Law regarding information in Groupon’s web page and fulfillments of its obligations.
- Participation in various trials of this nature.
- Chile (2004)
- The Legal 500 (Dispute Resolution)
- Latin Lawyer 250 (Litigation)
- Best Lawyers (Arbitration and Mediation – 2020)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Universidad de Chile, 2001
- Arbitrator of the National Arbitration Center (CNA)
- Chilean Bar Association