Manola Quiroz concentrates her practice on corporate law, capital markets and regulatory law, especially regulated markets.
Manola has extensive experience in corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, project finance and capital markets. She has advised clients, both domestic and foreign, publicity listed corporations and public sector companies in various processes of securities issuance and stock exchange listings, as well as in the acquisition of companies and/or assets, through private processes and public bids, representing both buyers and sellers.
Likewise, she has advised clients in matters related to the infrastructure, public works concessions and energy sectors in the development of projects, their financing, and in obtaining permits and authorizations.
- Counsel, 2018 to date
- Director of Regulated Markets Area at Noguera Larrain & Dulanto, 2010 – 2018
- Senior Associate at Morales y Besa, 2001 – 2010
- Waterlogic: In the acquisition of Aquafree, Chile’s largest point-of-use water dispenser company
- Inversiones SB (Grupo SB): Advise in the acquisition of all issued shares of Medipharm, a long term leasing agreement of Medipharm’s plant and a commercial agreement for the sale of Medipharm’s products in Salcobrand’s pharmacy chain
- Zurich: In the acquisition of Euroamerica Seguros de Vida S.A.’s life insurance portfolio
- Zurich: In the acquisition of Euroamerica Administradora General de Fondos S.A.
- Cominor (Chile): Advise in joint venture between Cominor and Simbalik (Taiwan) for the development of a lithium production project in the Salar de Maricunga (undisclosed amount)
- Cominor (Chile): Advise on the capitalization of Sociedad Minera Atacama Contractual Minera Kozan, a copper production company in the Atacama Region, through the contribution of mining properties and the subsequent sale of shares to Nittetsu Mining Co. Ltd. (Japan) (USD $25.5 million)
- Atiaia: In the sale of two hydro power projects in Chile
- Trilogy Natural Resources: In the acquisition of 25% of Forestal Casino
- Elis: In the acquisition of Albia S.A. and Servicios Hospitalarios S.A.
- Komax: In the acquisition of Comercial IMG S.A.
- Granarolo: In the acquisition of Bioleche Lácteos SpA
- Humus Capital Partners and GTD Group: In the acquisition of EMSA
- Assa Abloy: In the acquisition of ODIS
- TüV Rheinland: In the acquisition of Integra Limitada
- Linzor Capital Partners: In the acquisition of 30% of the shares of Komax S.A.
- Ryssen Alcools: In the acquisition of Pamsa’s alcohol business
- Masonite International: In the acquisition of Masisa’s door business
- CIT: In the sale of CIT Leasing Chile Limitada
- Synapsis: In the acquisition of AQB S.A. and AGI-TEK S.A.
- Admiralty Resources NL: In the sale of Vallenar Iron Company
- Santa Bárbara Resources: In the acquisition of mining assets
- LQ Inversiones Financieras S.A.: Advised the client on the modification of two bond line agreements before the Financial Market Commission, previously approved at a bondholder meeting.
- Quiñenco: Advised the client with consolidated assets of approximately US$63.7 billion, on the issuance of local bonds for approximately UF4,000,000.
- Quiñenco: Registration in the CMF Securities Registry of various lines of bonds.
- Quiñenco: Issuance and placement of different series of bonds charged to the registered lines.
- LQ Inversiones Financieras: Secondary placement of Banco de Chile shares in the local and U.S. markets
- Invexans: Registration, issuance and placement of new shares
- Quiñenco: Various capital increases. Registration, issuance and placement of new shares
- Invexans: Incorporation of this company as a result of the division of Madeco (open stock corporation)
- Grupo Mercados Energéticos Consultores: Registration of this closed corporation in the Special Registry of Reporting Entities
- LQ Inversiones Financieras: Redemption and advance payment of bonds
- LQ Inversiones Financieras: Registration in the Securities Registry of the CMF of various bonds
- LQ Inversiones Financieras: Issuance and placement of different series of bonds charged to the registered lines
- Hortifrut: Registration of this company as an issuer of public offering securities in the CMF. Registration, issue and placement of new shares
- Gasco: Registration, issue and placement of bonds
- AD Retail: Registration of this company in the Securities Registry, registration of bonds in the CMF
- Gasco: Constitution of LPG product of the division of Gasco (open corporation)
Energy and Mining and Natural Resources:
- Statkraft: Advise in connection with the sale of Norvind S.A. and Totoral Wind Park to Latin America Power (LAP) of Brazil
- Statkraft: Advise in connection with the bid process organized by CGE and JP Morgan for the sale of its holdings in Enerplus S.A.
- Chilean company: Advise in relation to potential acquisition of hydropower project in the south of Chile
- Statkraft: Advise in connection with the acquisition of a minority interest in Norvind S.A. from the Pavez family
- Statkraft: Advise in connection with the sale of Hidroeléctrica Trayenko S.A. to group of Chilean investors
- Hidroeléctrica Trayenko S.A.: Advise in connection with the sale of water rights for three runs of river power plants
- Statkraft: Advise in connection with the bid process organized by Iberdrola for the sale of its interests in Iberoamericana de Energía S.A. and Empresa Eléctrica Licán S.A.
- Norvind S.A.: Advise in the development of the Totoral Wind Farm Project (a 46MW wind power plant located in the north of Chile) in all legal matters related to this project, including the project financing by IFC and negotiation and drafting of an EPCM contract, the supply agreement regarding the wind turbine generators, and several other contracts including easements, mining rights, grid connection, transportation of equipment, etc.
- Hidroeléctrica Trayenko S.A.: Advise on all the legal matters in the development of four hydro power plants for 750 MW in the south of Chile including electrical concessions, easements, mining rights, land purchases, etc.
- Hidroeléctrica Trayenko S.A.: Advise in connection with the auction of the Manso River water rights made by the Dirección General de Aguas (DGA).
- Chile (2001)
- Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A 2019 – 2021, Capital Markets 2021)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2001
- Teaching assistant of Tax Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 1999 – 2002
- Teaching assistant of “Commercial Law”, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2002
- Co-author of the article “Concessionaire Irrigation Reservoirs” from the book “Concessions Agenda 2020” published by Ediciones Libertad y Desarrollo, 2009
- Co-author of the article “Change to Concessions Law” in “International Financial Law Review” (Vol. XXIX), 2010.
- Los focos en que centran su mirada los inversionistas extranjeros tras la crisis social (La Tercera – Pulso – December 2, 2019)
- Eurofarma mejora su posición en el mercado farmacéutico chileno (Lex Latin – July 1, 2019)