Paulo has almost thirty years of experience in corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, project financing and capital markets. He has participated in several processes of acquisition of companies and / or assets through private processes or bids, both in Chile and abroad, representing both buyers and sellers. Among these, he has represented the Government of Chile in privatization processes of state-owned companies and various bidders in public and private bidding processes, including private equity funds and strategic buyers or sellers in different industries including banking, telecomunications, insurance, retail, education, auditing, energy, mining, oil & gas, technology, utilities, financial services and infraestructure. In addition, he has represented creditors and debtors in financing and / or refinancing processes through bond placements, credit agreements and other financing structures. Paulo also advises several multinational companies in their operations in Chile.
During 1997, he worked with the law firm Morrison and Foerster LLP (Washington, D.C.) and, during 1997 and 1998, with the law firm Cleary Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton (New York).
Member of the International Bar Association.
– Universidad de Chile, L.C.J.S. (1990)
– Duke University, EE.UU., Master of Laws (LL.M.) (1997)
Areas of Practice
– Mergers and Acquisitions
– Corporate Finance
Affiliations and Activities
– International Bar Association (“IBA”)
– Chambers & Partners (Corporate and M&A, and Banking and Finance)
– Best Lawyers (Corporate and M&A, and Banking and Finance )
– The Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A)
– IFLR 1000 (Corporate and M&A, and Project Finance)
– Latin Lawyer (Corporate and M&A, Anticorruption Investigation and Compliance)
– LACCA (Corporate and M&A)
– LACCA Thought Leaders 2019