Pilar Ay concentrates her practice on corporate structuring and governance, company and investor-side venture and debt financings, private investment fund formation and operation, including CORFO backed-funds, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, blockchain and artificial intelligence.
Pilar also advises startup companies in the development of strategies for the protection, licensing and other exploitation of intellectual property assets.
- Associate, 2018 to date
- Cornershop and Uber: Advise on the acquisition of a majority stake in Cornershop to Uber (USD $450 million)
- Messer Group – CVC Capital Partners: Advise on the purchase of the Chilean assets of Linde due to the merger between Praxair and Linde (USD $3.3 billion globally)
- Cornershop (Chile – México): Advise on the potencial sale of Cornershop to Walmart (USD $225 million)
- Zurich (Switzerland): Advise on the purchase of life insurance portfolio of Euroamerica Seguros de Vida S.A. and 100% of the shares of the Euroamerica Administradora General de Fondos S.A. (USD $155 million)
- The Coca Cola Company – Andina – Embonor (USA – Chile): Advise on the purchase of 100% of Comercializadora Novaverde S.A.- “Guallarauco” (USD $80 million)
Spanish and English
Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2018
- “The right to emigrate as a social right: analysis of the jurisprudence of the Constitutional Court of Chile,” Alberto Hurtado University, 2016
- “Independent Directors, One size fits all solutions?” Center for Corporate Governance UC-Deloitte, 2017
- Interuniversity Constitutional Law and Human Rights Conference, Alberto Hurtado University (2016): “The right to emigrate as a social right: An analysis from the jurisprudence of the Constitutional Court of Chile”
- Composium of the “Law without walls” Program of the University of Miami (2017): “Recruit +”
Latin Lawyer – Oct 31, 2019
In Chile, DLA Piper advised Uber and Cornershop with a team including Matías Zegers, Jorge Timmermann, Carolina Bawlitza, Macarena Alliende and Pilar Ay.
Diario Financiero – Oct 14, 2019
DLA Piper Chile advised Cornershop and Uber on the acquisition of a majority percentage of Cornershop by Uber.