Ricardo López concentrates his professional practice in civil judicial matters, contractual liability, torts cases, commercial responsibility, consumer law and construction, as well as, in arbitrations on various matters. He has represented a multitude of clients, both domestic and foreign, in complex litigation matters, developing both judicial and negotiation strategies.
He also works in regulatory matters, in particular in relation to sanctioning administrative procedures, constitutional actions, etc., both in administrative and judicial stages. Additionally, he has participated in investigations in compliance cases, having exerted the role of External Compliance Officer, reporting directly to the company’s parent.
- Counsel, 2018 to date
- Director Dispute Resolution, Noguera Larrain & Dulanto (NLD Abogados), 2013 – 2018
- Legal Counsel, SN Power Chile (Statkraft Chile), 2010 – 2013
- Lawyer, Hidroeléctrica Trayenko (SN Power Chile), 2008 – 2013
- Associate, Vodanovic, Baeza & Aravena (Valdivia), 2006 – 2010
- Metrogas: We assisted this client in a case for damages related to an accident suffered by the lessee of a shop, provoked by a gas explosion, absolving Metrogas.
- Laboratorio Chile (Teva): Representation of Laboratorio Chile in several trials and negotiations, both in administrative and judicial offices.
- Merck Sharp & Dohme: We assist this client in different regulatory and pharmaceutical matters.
- Empresa de Transporte Pasajeros Metro S.A.: We assist Metro in arbitrations and before ordinary justice in cases related to construction law.
- Empresa de Transporte Pasajeros Metro S.A.: We represent Metro in cases of contractual and non-contractual liability, before arbitral and ordinary justice.
- Econorent: We represented this client in a constitutional action filed against the client and various companies.
- EY (Ernst & Young): We have represented EY in various administrative proceedings before the CMF.
- L´Oreal: We have assisted and represented this client in consumers law matters.
- Lufthansa Technik: We have assisted this client in bankruptcy related matters.
- Mobil Arquitectos: We represented this client through a construction Company bankruptcy proceeding.
- Doka Enconfrados: We represented Doka in various cases in which it pursues the contractual responsibility of the defendants, debt collections, bankruptcy proceedings, etc.
- Codelco: We have represented Codelco in torts cases.
- Adexus: We have assisted this client in cases of contractual liability against public agencies.
- CarbonFree Technologies: We have assisted this client in cases related to its energy projects.
- Chile (2006)
- Latin Lawyer 250 (Litigation)
- Latin Lawyer National (Litigation)
- The Legal 500 (Dispute Resolution and Public Law)
- Leaders League (Litigation)
- Chambers & Partners Latin America (Enviromental Law and Litigation)
- Winner of jurisprudential analysis contest in the group of people, communities and indigenous peoples. Work “Commentary Judgment roll 1602-2012, case transmission line Melipeuco-Freire and other judgments related to the susceptibility of direct involvement to indigenous peoples in the framework of prior consultation of ILO Convention 169”. (“Comentario Sentencia autos Rol 1602-2012, caso línea de transmisión Melipeuco-Freire y otras sentencias relacionadas a la susceptibilidad de afectación directa a los pueblos indígenas en el marco de la consulta previa del Convenio 169 OIT”.) Recognition granted by the Commission of Ministers of the Hon. Supreme Court, 2013.
- Outstanding profesional practice, Corporación de Asistencia Judicial (2005).
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Universidad Austral de Chile, 2005
- Master in Business Law, School of Law, Universidad Austral de Chile, 2009
- Master in Environmental Law (c), School of Law, Universidad de Chile, 2010
- Diploma Legal Anthropolgy, School of Law, Universidad de Chile, 2011
- Diploma in Corporate Governance, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2013
- Advanced Course in Administrative Law, Instituto de Estudios Judiciales, 2016
- Diploma in Construction Law, School of Law, Universidad de Los Andes, 2019
- Legal English Course, Universidad de Los Andes, 2019
- “Susceptibility of direct involvement in the prior consultation of the Convention 169. Analysis of planned norms and their treatment in jurisprudence, a matter of law?” (“Susceptibilidad de afectación directa en la consulta previa del Convenio 169. Análisis de normas previstas y de su trato en la jurisprudencia. ¿Una cuestión de Derecho?”) Published in the Journal of Law of the UACh, 2014 and quoted, among others, by the Constitutional Court of Colombia in cause roll T-197/2016.