Mr. López practice focusses in civil judicial matters, administrative procedures and arbitrations. In particular, he has sponsored causes related to civil liability, pharmaceutical regulatory matters and consumer law, advising strategies and preparing reports to that effect.
Before joining DLA Piper BAZ | NLD, he worked as a lawyer for a major energy company. In regulatory and environmental matters, he has specialized in affairs related to Indigenous Law, having been highlighted in this field by Chambers and Partners and as a litigator in Leaders League.
– Universidad Austral de Chile, L.C.J.S. (2005).
– Universidad Austral de Chile, Master of Business Law. (2005-2007).
– Universidad de Chile, Masterin Environmental Law. (Candidate)
– Universidad de Chile, Advanced Course in Legal Anthropology and Indigenous Law. (2011).
– Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Advanced Course in Corporate Governance. (2013)
Areas of Practice
– Litigation and Arbitration
– Civil Liability
– Regulatory Law
– Consumer Law
– Indigenous Law
– Latin America Chambers 2016
– Latin America Chambers 2015
– Leaders League 2018
– Leaders League 2017
– Winner of jurisprudential analysis contest in the group of people, communities and indigenous peoples. Work “Commentary Judgment roll 1602-2012, case transmission line Melipeuco-Freire and other judgments related to the susceptibility of direct involvement to indigenous peoples in the framework of prior consultation of ILO Convention 169”. (“Comentario Sentencia autos Rol 1602-2012, caso línea de transmisión Melipeuco-Freire y otras sentencias relacionadas a la susceptibilidad de afectación directa a los pueblos indígenas en el marco de la consulta previa del Convenio 169 OIT”.) Recognition granted by the Commission of Ministers of the Hon. Supreme Court, 2013.
Coauthor article “Susceptibility of direct involvement in the prior consultation of the Convention 169. Analysis of planned norms and their treatment in jurisprudence, a matter of law?” (“Susceptibilidad de afectación directa en la consulta previa del Convenio 169. Análisis de normas previstas y de su trato en la jurisprudencia. ¿Una cuestión de Derecho?”) Published in the Journal of Law of the UACh, 2014 and quoted, among others, by the Constitutional Court of Colombia in cause roll T-197/2016.