Rodrigo Álvarez focuses his practice in Tax and Real Estate matters, without prejudice to which he has participated in numerous M&A transactions of national companies. In Tax matters, his practice includes advising Chilean and foreign clients, both inbound and outbound, having participated in structuring businesses and companies in Chile, as well as in tax non-compliance and conflicts with the tax authority.
In Real Estate, he has participated advising more than 100 real estate projects developed in Chile, both commercial, housing and industrial, participating from its initial structuring to its sale or final lease. Likewise, Álvarez has advised and counsels several of the main real estate and construction companies in Chile.
- Partner, 2000 to date
- Partner at Álvarez y Cia., 1994 – 2000
- Cornershop: Advise on tax matters for the possible sale of the company to Walmart.
- Uber Chile SpA: Advise Uber on his arrival in Chile in matters of tax planning and advise for the development of its operations in Chile. Our assistance included the drafting of legal reports for the evaluation of various business structures to help them comply with tax regulations, to manage the relationship with the competent tax authorities and to represent them in proceedings before the tax courts. Currently, there is a pending hearing before the Supreme Court regarding the disclosure of Uber’s bank account transactions.
- The Legal 500 (Tax, Real Estate, Projects and Infraestructure)
- Best Lawyer (Lawyer of the Year – Insolvency and Reorganization Law – 2019)
- Latin Lawyer 250 (Tax)
- Leaders League (Recommended – Corporate Tax)
Spanish and English
- Law, Universidad de Chile, 1993
- Tax Management Program, Universidad Adolfo Ibañez, 2006
- LL.M Tax, Universidad Adolfo Ibañez, 2007
Colegio de Abogados de Chile A.G.