Sofía O´Ryan concentrates her professional practice in competition law. In this context, she advises on matters related to merger control procedures, unilateral conducts and cartels, both in investigations before the National Economic Prosecutor’s Office (FNE) and in proceedings before the Tribunal for the Defense of Competition.
Sofía advices on and assists in the design and implementation of commercial policies consistent with the strategic objectives of each client and current regulations, as well as in the development of compliance programs and internal investigations for the timely prevention and detection of potentially risky behaviors, assisting clients in the definition of the most appropriate solutions.
- Counsel, 2020 to date
- Coordinator of the Antitrust Division, National Economic Prosecutor’s Office, 2020
- Coordinator of the Merger Division, National Economic Prosecutor’s Office, 2018-2020
- Intern at the European Commission, Directorate General for Competition, Belgium, 2017
- Lawyer of the Merger Division, National Economic Prosecutor’s Office, 2013-2016
- Chile (2014)
- Spanish and English
- Law, Universidad de Chile, 2011
- Diploma in Regulation and Competition, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universidad de Chile, 2014-2015
- Master of Laws (LL.M), King’s College London, United Kingdom, 2016-2017
- Exabogada de la FNE arriba a DLA Piper Chile como consejera del área de Libre Competencia (Diario Financiero – October 20, 2020)
- DLA Piper Chile incorpora nueva counsel al área de libre competencia (Abogados.com.ar – October 19, 2020)
- Incorporación Sofía O´Ryan como counsel (El Mercurio – October 16, 2020)