Teresa Fernández focuses her practice in the area of Real Estate and Construction, providing advisory services in connection with real estate projects, construction contracts, bidding and tender process, review of acquisitions, sales and commercialization of the real estate projects, leases, title reports, application of urban and planning regulation.
Teresa also works with clients to identify and develop solutions for commercial projects that require land development in wide range of economic sectors, especially agribusiness, energy and industrial sector, including complex negotiations and responses to authorities derived from the application of urban and planning regulations. Prepares construction constructs, bidding rules and accompany clients in the process of tender process, structures, negotiating ultimate documents.
- Counsel, 2018 to date
- Associate, 2010 – 2018
- In-House Counsel of the Clínica Alemana de Santiago, 2006 – 2009
- Edwards & Cia., 2004 – 2006
- Larraín & Asociados, 1999 – 2004
- Solar energy industries: Represented clients in the review and negotiations for the installation and construction of solar panels, lease agreement, the requirement of relevant land permits, as well as the necessary documents for the finance institutions.
- Selina Operations Chile SpA: Assisted in the negotiation of long-term lease agreements for hotel facilities in Chile and a joint venture agreement for the opening and operation of hotels under the Selina brand in Chile. Advise in the negotiation of construction contracts for hotel facilities in Chile, and the requirement of applicable permits for hotel operation in Chile.
- MBI Inversiones: Advise in project financing for the real estate sector in Santiago, including the report of titles studies preparation and negotiation of final documents such as purchase, leases, leasing and leaseback operations over real estate properties.
- Inversiones Romy/ Inmobiliaria Santafe and other national clients: Represented Real Estate developers in the process of land purchase of real estate projects for housing use in Santiago, report of titles, commercialization of the project and relation with financial entities.
- FIP Aktivo: Assisted in the process of land purchase, report of titles and regularization of titles, obtaining of relevant permits, construction contracts of building for housing use located in Santiago, VII and VII Region of Chile, including the execution and registration of Co-ownership bylaws, commercialization of the project and relation with financial entities and final costumers.
- Agroindustrial Sector: Assisted agrodindustrial clients in the acquisition of land properties, negotiations of relevant contracts, including purchase, leases, document for financial debts, as well as regularization of titles and relation with neighbors regarding demarcation issues.
- Several national and international clients: In the negotiation of EPC contracts with construction companies.
- The Legal 500 (Real Estate)
Spanish and English
- Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 1997
- Master in Corporate Law, School of Law, Universidad de Los Andes, 2005
- Diploma in Construction Law, School of Law, Universidad de Los Andes, 2019
- Chilean Bar Association
Civic and Charitable
- Provides advisory services in connection with the creation of foundations, relation with the competent authorities and comply with de applicable Law. Also prepares and negotiates ultimate documents and solutions for charity projects and the relationship with the benefactors of those projects. Relevant experience with pro bono clients such as Fundación Carlos Vial Espantoso, Fundación Africa Dream, Fundación Arte+, Corporación Chileno Alemana de Beneficiencia, between others.
- Participation in the research “Doing Business” of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and World Bank.
Diario Financiero – August 20, 2019
The lawyers of our office that will lead the mentoring from Chile will be Carolina Bawlitza, counsel of the Free Competition area and Teresa Fernández, counsel of the Real Estate area.
Global Chronicle – August 2, 2019
DLA Piper Chile advised Selina Operations Chile SpA with Matías Zegers and María Teresa Fernández.
Lex Latin – August 1, 2019
Selina Operations Chile SpA was represented by Lathan and Watkins (NY) and DLA Piper Chile. The lawyers of our office participating in this transaction were Matías Zegers and María Teresa Fernández.