Carla focuses her practice on data protection and information security, including legal aspects of data collection and processing, design and implementation of privacy and security policies, audits and risk assessments in these matters, implementation of effective data transfer strategies, compliance programmes, among others. In addition, she has extensive experience in information technology, including topics such as open data, interoperability, electronic records and technology procurement, digital transformation, artificial intelligence, and cybersecurity. Her expertise also includes intellectual property.
- Digital Government Division, Ministerio Secretaría General de la Presidencia, 2019-2022.
- Ariño y Villar Abogados, Madrid, España 2018.
- Ministerio del Interior y Seguridad Pública 2011-2017.
- Lagos Maclean, 2010-2011.
- Chile (2009)
- English and spanish.
- Law, School of Law, Universidad Católica de la Santísima Concepción, 2006.
- Masterof law on regulated sectors, School of Law, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, 2018.
- Diploma in Criminal defence issues, School of Law, Universidad De Los Andes 2008.
- Diploma in Personal Data Protection, Universidad de Chile, 2020.
- Professor of Personal Data Protection Diploma, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2022.
- Professor of Municipal Law course, School of Law, Universidad de Los Andes, 2022.
- Professor of Technology and Regulation Diploma, School of Law, Universidad del Desarrollo, 2021-2022.
- Visiting Professor of graduate and postgraduate, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, 2021-2022
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (2022)
- Carla Illanes joined DLA Piper in Chile as counsel in Data Privacy (El Mercurio, November 28, 2022)