Claudio Sepúlveda focused his practice in the corporate, infrastructure and mining areas, advising local and foreign clients in such matters.
During last years, Claudio has been actively advising several companies in matters related to merger and acquisitions, construction agreements and mining concessions, representing clients in the constitution of exploration and exploitation mining concessions, reviewing mining concessions for due diligence process, and negotiating relevant mining contracts.
- Associate, 2014 to date
Corporate & M&A:
- Inversiones Santa María: Advised the client in the sale of its participation in the information security company Neosecure, with presence in Chile, Peru, Argentina, Spain, Colombia and Brazil, to the Brazilian fund Patria. We also advised the client on the termination of the shareholders’ agreement and future obligations with The Rohatyn Group, which also sold its participation in Neosecure.
- Janssen S.A.: advise the client, as a subscriber of a capital increase of shares of Kreis SpA, by which the client acquired 60% of participation in the property of Kreis, and therefore, holding control of the acquired company.
- Axalta Coating Systems: in the renegotiation of a distribution agreement and several guarantees, essential to maintain its business in Chile.
- Apollo Global Education: in the sale of IACC and the control transfer of UNIACC.
- Komax: in the acquisition of Stoke brand.
Energy, Mining & Natural Resources:
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: in relation with mining protection for the development and financing of more of 20 photovoltaic projects and approximately 40 mining concessions necessaries for the mining protection of the projects.
- Desarrollos Mineros PKR S.A.: in the acquisition and constitution of several exploitation mining concessions (60 in total) in the north of Chile and in negotiations for an eventual sale of the project.
- Admiralty Minerals: advised from the beginning (acquisition of mining concessions) to the present (financing), for the development of an iron mine (US$70 million).
- Constructora Excon S.A.: in the negotiation and signing of several construction contracts (Minera Teck, US$107 million; Minera Spence, US$124 million; among others).
- Constructora Excon S.A.: on the establishment of a client’s subsidiary in Argentina, for the execution of works for development of lithium project (US$50 million).
- DE’Capital: in the negotiation and drafting of EPC agreements for solar projects La Blanquina and Covadonga, each one with an installed capacity of over 10 MW (US$26 million).
- Chile (2014)
- The Legal 500 (Energy and Natural Resources – Mining 2019 – 2021, Projects and Infraestructure 2022)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad de Católica, 2013
- Diploma in “Mining Law”, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, 2015. Distinguished with Honorable Mention.
- Patria Investimentos’ Acquisition of NeoSecure (Global Legal Chronicle – August 20, 2021)
- Patria Investimentos incrementa su portafolio con chilena NeoSecure (Lex Latin – August 16, 2021)