Francisco focuses his practice in tax law, advising national and foreign clients in their domestic and cross-border affairs. He has been involved in the structuring of multiple businesses from a tax perspective, analyzing tax aspects at all stages of their evolution, such us set-up, reorganization, financing, expansion, buy-out, merger, among others.
He has worked with all types of clients, including Multinational and small to medium enterprises, startups, and individuals, assisting them to incorporate tax considerations into their overall business strategies by combining his advisory and policy skills.
During the last part of his career, Francisco has specialized in International Tax Law, mainly in the application and interpretation of Double Tax Conventions, domestic regulation of cross-border matters and the implementation of OECD’s BEPS Project.
- Associate, 2022 to date
- Tax Policy Advisor, Ministry of Finance, 2019 – 2020
- Tax Associate, Torretti y Cía. (formerly CorreaGubbins), 2014 – 2019
- Chile (2014)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2012
- Diploma, Analysis and Tax Planning, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2015
- LL.M. International and European Tax Law, School of Law, Maastricht University, The Netherlands (Cum Laude), 2021
- Diploma, Corporate Finance Law, School of Law, Maastricht University, The Netherlands, 2021
- Universidad de Chile, School of Economics and Business,Santiago, Chile. Teaching Assistant in the Diploma in Taxation, International Tax Law Course, 2017-2018
- Universidad de Chile, School of Economics and Business, Santiago, Chile. Teaching Assistant in the Master’s in Taxation, International Tax Law and Double Tax Conventions Course, 2022 – to date
- Maastricht University, Centre for Taxation, The Netherlands. Lecturer in the Diploma “Updates on International Tax Law”, 2022 – to date