Marco Salgado concentrates his practice in the Corporate Practice Group and advises companies in corporate matters and M&A deals in Chile and across the region. He is active analyzing, advising and implementing foreign investment, M&A deals, good corporate governance practices and day-to-day corporate matters in Chile. Furthermore, Marco has relevant experience representing Chilean and foreign companies before judicial and arbitral tribunals in Chile and abroad. Marco also serves as head of the Media, Sport and Entertainment practice in Chile.
He is interested in transactional and cross boarder law, in particular, how to deal with the challenges that present the interaction between different legal systems.
He also enjoys being a law professor at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile lecturing in Chile, Guatemala and Panamá in M&A and Corporate Governance.
- Partner, 2016 to date
- Associate, 2013 – 2015
- Associate, Alcaino Abogados, 2006 – 2010 and 2011 – 2012
- Consulting Attorney, Shutts & Bowen LLP, Miami, 2011
- Visiting Research Scholar, The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, MI., EE.UU., 2010.
- Logistic and General Audit Office of the Army of Chile, 2003 – 2006
- Colegium SpA.: Asset acquisition contract by which Colegium SpA purchased the assets, brands and clients of GoSchool S.A., expanding its business in Argentina and Latin America. DLA Piper Chile, in collaboration with DLA Piper Argentina, advised the buyer throughout the process.
- American Tower Corporation: Advise client on the purchased of 30,722 telecommunication towers from Telefónica Group in Europe (Germany and Spain) and Latin America (Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Peru)
- American Tower Corporation: Advise client on the purchase of assets from Entel in Chile and Peru for US$ 772 million
- Pharol: Advise to the first online pharmacy in Chile, in its strategic agreement with Fasa for the marketing of its products online
- L’Oréal Chile: Advise on corporate and commercial matters in Chile
- Infosys: Advise on corporate and commercial issues in Chile
- Inversiones Romy: Advise on corporate and commercial issues in Chile.
- Chile (2003)
- Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A including Compliance 2018, Dispute Resolution 2018, Corporate and M&A 2019 – 2021 – 2022, Latin America: International Firms – Corporate and M&A 2019)
- Best Lawyers® (Corporate and M&A Law 2020 – 2021 – 2022)
- Latin Lawyer 250 (Litigation 2019 – 2020 – Highly Recommended 2021)
- Latin Lawyer National (Litigation 2019 – 2020)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2003
- Master in Law (LL.M), School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2006
- Grotius Research Fellow, School of Law, The University of Michigan, 2010
- Assistant Instructor de “International Business Transactions”, School of Law, University of Miami, 2011
- Faculty Leader and Academic Mentor de LawWithoutWalls, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, University of Miami, School of Law, 2013 a la fecha
- Academic Secretary and Professor of Corporate Governance Diploma, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2008 to date
- Professor of “Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Governance”, “Final Case Seminar”, “Mergers and Acquisitions” and “Graduation Seminar”, LL.M, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2013 to date
- Professor of “Corporate Governance” of INIDEM Business Law School, Panama City, Panamá, 2015 to date
- Professor of “Corporate Governance”, Diploma in Compliance and Good Corporate Practice, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2014 to date
- Professor of “Corporate Governance” in the Diploma in Probity and Good Governance, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2014 to date
- Chilean Bar Association
- American Tower adquiere filiales de Telxius de Telefónica (Lex Latin – January 25, 2021)
- American Tower compra más de 3.200 antenas a Entel (Lex Latin – January 7, 2020)
- American Tower compra portafolio de antenas a Entel por US$ 772 Millones (Diario Financiero – December 20, 2019)
- Primera operación post 18-O: Entel vende antenas en Chile y Perú por US$772 millones (La Tercera – Pulso – December 20, 2019)
- Entel vende en US$ 772 millones gran parte de sus torres de antenas en Chile y Perú a American Tower (El Mercurio – December 20, 2019)
- Primera operación post 18-O: Entel vende antenas en Chile y Perú por US$772 millones (La Tercera Online – December 20, 2019)