Marco Salgado has extensive experience of advising on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate matters. He acts for corporate investors and companies across various sectors, including consumer goods, infrastructure, and energy. He is the LatAm co-lead of the environmental, social and governance (ESG) practice and serves as head of the media, sport and entertainment practice in Chile.
Marco assists international companies setting up their activities in the country and on their corporate matters. He has experience advising state-owned, public and private institutions on corporate governance and has also acted as lead counsel in local and international commercial arbitration and judicial cases, appearing before local and foreign courts with proceedings executed both in Chile and abroad.
- Partner, 2016 to date
- Associate, 2013 – 2015
- Associate, Alcaino Abogados, 2006 – 2010 and 2011 – 2012
- Consulting Attorney, Shutts & Bowen LLP, Miami, 2011
- Visiting Research Scholar, The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, MI., EE.UU., 2010.
- Logistic and General Audit Office of the Army of Chile, 2003 – 2006
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.: Advised the client, as borrower, in the structuring and execution of a US$ 803.1 million refinancing transaction for its portfolio of assets in Chile, through a US$ 710 million private placement green bond and a US$ 93.1 million credit agreement. This deal was recognized by Project Finance International as “2022 Americas Power Deal of the Year", and as "Latin American Bond Deal of the Year 2022" by Proximo.
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.: Advised in the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Aela Generación S.A. and Aela Energía SpA, corresponding to a portfolio of 332 MW in three operating wind farms (Sarco, Cuel and Aurora) located in Chile for US$685.6 million.
- Makros SpA: Advised Makros SpA on the structuring and execution of an asset purchase and sale agreement and business, under which the assets, clients and relevant contracts of Makros were transferred to Deloitte,
- Colegium SpA: advised Colegium SpA and Incremental SpA on the signing of a contract for the sale of assets and accompanying documents, by which Colegium SpA acquired the main assets of Incremental SpA.
- American Tower Corporation: Advised the client in the acquisition of Telxius Towers Latam Division, through the execution of a Share Purchase Agreement entered between American Tower International, Inc. and Telxius Telecom, S.A. over 100% of the share capital of Telxius Torres Latam, S.L.U. Telxius Towers Latam Division has a vast portfolio of cellular wireless telecommunication towers in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru. (US$ 1.1 billion). This deal was awarded as 2021 LatAm Deal of the Year by TTR (Transactional Track Record).
- Colegium SpA.: Asset acquisition contract by which Colegium SpA purchased the assets, brands and clients of GoSchool S.A., expanding its business in Argentina and Latin America. DLA Piper Chile, in collaboration with DLA Piper Argentina, advised the buyer throughout the process.
- American Tower Corporation: Advise client on the purchased of 30,722 telecommunication towers from Telefónica Group in Europe (Germany and Spain) and Latin America (Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Peru)
- American Tower Corporation: Advise client on the purchase of assets from Entel in Chile and Peru for US$ 772 million
- Pharol: Advise to the first online pharmacy in Chile, in its strategic agreement with Fasa for the marketing of its products online
- L'Oréal Chile: Advise on corporate and commercial matters in Chile
- Infosys: Advise on corporate and commercial issues in Chile
- Inversiones Romy: Advise on corporate and commercial issues in Chile.
- Chile (2003)
- Chambers Global (Corporate and M&A 2023)
- Chambers Latam (Corporate and M&A 2023 - 2024)
- Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A including Compliance 2018, Dispute Resolution 2018, Corporate and M&A 2019 - 2021 – 2022 - 2023, Latin America: International Firms - Corporate and M&A 2019)
- Leaders league (Corporate M&A highly recommended 2023)
- Best Lawyers® (Corporate and M&A Law 2020 – 2021 – 2022 – 2023, Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice 2023)
- Latin Lawyer 250 (Litigation 2019 – 2020 - Highly Recommended 2021 - 2022)
- Latin Lawyer National (Litigation 2019 - 2020)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2003
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2006
- Grotius Research Fellow, School of Law, The University of Michigan, 2010
- Assistant Instructor de “International Business Transactions”, School of Law, University of Miami, 2011
- Faculty Leader and Academic Mentor de LawWithoutWalls, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, University of Miami, School of Law, 2013 a la fecha
- Academic Secretary and Professor of Corporate Governance Diploma, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2008 to date
- Professor of "Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Governance", "Final Case Seminar", "Mergers and Acquisitions" and "Graduation Seminar", LL.M, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2013 to date
- Professor of “Corporate Governance” of INIDEM Business Law School, Panama City, Panamá, 2015 to date
- Professor of “Corporate Governance”, Diploma in Compliance and Good Corporate Practice, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2014 to date
- Professor of “Corporate Governance” in the Diploma in Probity and Good Governance, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2014 to date
- Chilean Bar Association
- Innergex Renewable Energy’s Acquisition of Aela Energía (Global Legal Chronicle - February 11, 2022)
- Canadiense Innergex compra al mayor productor chileno de energía renovable ( Lex Latin - February 11, 2022)
- American Tower adquiere filiales de Telxius de Telefónica (Lex Latin - January 25, 2021)
- American Tower compra más de 3.200 antenas a Entel (Lex Latin – January 7, 2020)
- American Tower compra portafolio de antenas a Entel por US$ 772 Millones (Diario Financiero – December 20, 2019)
- Primera operación post 18-O: Entel vende antenas en Chile y Perú por US$772 millones (La Tercera - Pulso - December 20, 2019)
- Entel vende en US$ 772 millones gran parte de sus torres de antenas en Chile y Perú a American Tower (El Mercurio - December 20, 2019)
- Primera operación post 18-O: Entel vende antenas en Chile y Perú por US$772 millones (La Tercera Online - December 20, 2019)