Pablo Gonzalez works in the areas of Regulated Markets and Energy and Natural Resources.
In Regulatory Markets, his practice focuses particularly on permitting and administrative procedures, including risk management, contentious-administrative matters, sanctioning procedures before various sectorial authorities and litigation before specialized courts. Also, Pablo has focused his practice on Media, Sports, Entertainment and Technology in matters related to digital regulation, advertising in different regulated markets and regulation of gambling.
In Energy and Natural Resources, Pablo focuses his practice on environmental law, having advised on the development and transactions of infrastructure projects, mainly in energy projects (photovoltaic, hydroelectric and wind) and in the analysis of environmental risks, for domestic and foreign clients, and in the environmental assessment of projects. Pablo also has experience in fish farming and mining projects, as well as in maritime concessions.
- Associate, 2020 to date
- Attorney, National Directorate of the Environmental Assessment Service (SEA), 2019 – 2020
- Attorney, Ministry General Secretariat of the Presidency (Segpres), 2018 – 2019
- Attorney, Schultz Carrasco y Benítez Abogados, 2016 - 2018
Energy and Natural Resources
- Blue Elephant Energy GmbH: Advised Blue Elephant Energy GmbH, a private fund engaged in energy transition investments, directly and through a joint venture entity with Chilean developer oEnergy Capital, in the acquisition of portfolio of 120 MW consisting of 20 photovoltaic PMGD and PMG projects, most of them operating and the remaining ones close to operation, located in the regions of Coquimbo, Valparaíso, Metropolitana, O'Higgins, Maule and Ñuble.
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.: Advised the client, as borrower, in the structuring and execution of a US$ 803.1 million refinancing transaction for its portfolio of assets in Chile, through a US$ 710 million private placement green bond and a US$ 93.1 million credit agreement. This deal was recognized by Project Finance International as “2022 Americas Power Deal of the Year", and as "Latin American Bond Deal of the Year 2022" by Proximo.
- CarbonFree Technology Inc: Advised during all stages of development of photovoltaic power plants, from the due diligence processes in a greenfield stage, to the acquisition, execution of the EPC and O&M contract, and the operation stage of the power plants. We have performed due diligence in more than 60 projects, and we have advised the client in the acquisition of more than 40 PV power plants in the last years, many of them already in operation.
- CarbonFree Technology Inc: Advised on the acquisition of Cobeña Energia SpA, PSF Paine SpA and PSF Puangue SpA, special purpose vehicles for the development of the photovoltaic projects "Batres" (PMGD of 6MW), "Paine" (PMGD of 4MW) and "Puangue" (PMGD of 6MW), respectively.
- CarbonFree Technology Inc: Advised on the acquisition of Nihue Solar SpA, special vehicle company for the development of the photovoltaic project "Nihue" (PMGD of 3MW).
- CarbonFree Technology Inc: Advised the client in the acquisition of Apolo del Norte SpA, Nuovosol SpA, Sinergia Solar SpA and Solar Brothers SpA, all of them special purpose vehicles for the development of photovoltaic projects (all of them PMGD in operation of 9 MW).
- National and International Companies: Advice on environmental assessment of projects and risk management associated with obtaining the Environmental Qualification Resolution, including the analysis of environmental risks associated with the development and operation of projects.
- National and International Companies: Advice on waste management and implementation of sustainability best practices.
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc: Advised the client in the agreement to acquire the Sarco wind farm (170 megawatt), the Aurora wind farm (129 megawatt) and the Cuel wind farm (33 megawatt) owned by Aela Generación SA and Aela Energía SpA, for a total of US$686 million.
- SUSI Partners A.G: We advised the client, a Swiss energy transition fund that invests in sustainable energy infrastructure, in the execution of a Framework Agreement with Biwo Renovables S.A. for the purchase, development, construction, operation and maintenance of a portfolio of power plants, including solar photovoltaic and wind power plants, for a total capacity of approximately 243.6 MW.
- National and International Companies: Advised several clients on environmental assessment of projects and risk management associated with obtaining the Environmental Qualification Resolution, including the analysis of environmental risks associated with the development and operation of projects.
- Mass consumption company: Ongoing advice on sanitary regulation, e-commerce and general contracting.
- Medical equipment company: Ongoing advice on public procurement and contracting matters with companies and institutions related to the health area.
- National and International companies: Advised several companies on compliance and regulatory risk management at both the product and operational levels.
- Technology companies: Advised several clients in relation to the regulation of Internet of Things and digital platforms for streaming and data transmission and others related to the entertainment industry.
- Technology companies: Advised several clients on digital and electronic regulatory matters, including authorizations, electronic signatures and certificates, data protection and electronic commerce.
- Higher Education Institution: Advice on regulatory and compliance matters.
- Advertising company: Advice on national regulation of advertising in all national markets, including the gambling and betting market, food, pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, tobacco, alcohol, among others.
- Transport companies: Ongoing advice on regulatory compliance, administrative sanitary sanctioning procedures and waste management.
- Fundación Gastronomía Social: Advice on training for students of the foundation in relation to regulatory compliance in the food industry.
- Club Deportivo Inclúyeme: Incorporation of the foundation.
- Chile (2016)
- Spanish and English
- Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2015
- Diploma in Natural Resources Law, mention Energy, Law School, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2017
- Master's Degree, LL.M. Mention in Regulatory Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2021
- Assistant of "Administrative Procedure", LL.M. Mention in Regulatory Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2020, to date
- Professor of "History of Law", School of Law, Universidad del Desarrollo, 2018 to date
- Professor of "Professional Ethics", School of Law, Universidad del Desarrollo, 2018 to date
- Assistant of "Legal Bases for State Administration", School of Government, Universidad de Chile, 2018 – 2019
- Assistant of "History of Law", School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2011 - 2019
- The Esports Bar Association
- Transacción en el mercado de los videojuegos y el desafío de los eSports (El Mercurio Legal - January 30, 2023)