Pilar Paredes focuses her practice in corporate law, advising Chilean and foreign clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and negotiation and drafting of civil and commercial contracts.
- Associate, 2017 to date
Merger and Aquisitions:
- Talana: We advised the client, a chilean start-up that developed an HR software, on the sale of the majority ownership to Endurance Investments, who bought through a public investment fund created specifically for this investment.
- Inversiones SB (Grupo SB): Advise in the acquisition of all issued shares of Medipharm, a long term leasing agreement of Medipharm’s plant and a commercial agreement for the sale of Medipharm’s products in Salcobrand’s pharmacy chain
- Apollo Global Education (EEUU): Advise on the sale of 100% of IACC shares and the transfer of control of UNIACC (undisclosed amount)
- Zurich (Switzerland): Advise on the purchase of life insurance portfolio of Euroamerica Seguros de Vida S.A. and 100% of the shares of the Euroamerica Administradora General de Fondos S.A. (USD $155 million)
- Atiaia (Brasil): Advise on the sale of two hydroelectric projects located in the south of Chile to CWE (undisclosed amount)
- Waterlogic: Advise in the acquisition of Aquafree, Chile’s largest point-of-use water dispenser company
- Blue Digital Servicios de Marketing S.A.: Advise in the acquisition of 60.26% of the client’s shares by Philippe Lapierre Chateau, Alejandro Cañas Fernández, Pablo Castro Adriasola and Inversiones La Candelaria Limitada
- LQ Inversiones Financieras S.A.: Advised the client on the modification of two bond line agreements before the Financial Market Commission, previously approved at a bondholder meeting.
- Quiñenco: Advised the client with consolidated assets of approximately US$63.7 billion, on the issuance of local bonds for approximately UF4,000,000.
- Quiñenco: Advise in the issuance and registration of two line of bonds for UF 10,000,000 each before the Comisión para el Mercado Financiero, securities and banking regulator
- Quiñenco: Advise in the issuance and registration of two series of bonds for UF 3,000,000 and UF 5,000,000, respectively.
- Chile (2018)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2017
- Eurofarma mejora su posición en el mercado farmacéutico chileno (Lex Latin – July 1, 2019)
- Giddings Fruit obtiene recursos para financiar compra de activos (Lex Latin – March 9, 2019)