Pilar Paredes focuses her practice in corporate law, advising Chilean and foreign clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and negotiation and drafting of civil and commercial contracts.
- Associate, 2017 to date
Merger and Aquisitions:
- Talana (Linq SpA): Advised Talana (Linq SpA), a Chilean start-up that developed and commercializes a software for software to digitize and automate the processes related to employee management within companies, in the acquisition of 100% ownership of Key Clouding (Tescloud SpA), Chilean company that offers software solutions to streamline and simplify the selection of talent, improving recruitment processes within companies.
- Talana: We advised the client, a Chilean start-up that developed an HR software, on the sale of the majority ownership to Endurance Investments, who bought through a public investment fund created specifically for this investment.
- Inversiones SB (Grupo SB): Advise in the acquisition of all issued shares of Medipharm, a long term leasing agreement of Medipharm’s plant and a commercial agreement for the sale of Medipharm’s products in Salcobrand’s pharmacy chain
- Apollo Global Education (EEUU): Advise on the sale of 100% of IACC shares and the transfer of control of UNIACC (undisclosed amount)
- Zurich (Switzerland): Advise on the purchase of life insurance portfolio of Euroamerica Seguros de Vida S.A. and 100% of the shares of the Euroamerica Administradora General de Fondos S.A. (USD $155 million)
- Atiaia (Brasil): Advise on the sale of two hydroelectric projects located in the south of Chile to CWE (undisclosed amount)
- Waterlogic: Advise in the acquisition of Aquafree, Chile’s largest point-of-use water dispenser company
- Blue Digital Servicios de Marketing S.A.: Advise in the acquisition of 60.26% of the client’s shares by Philippe Lapierre Chateau, Alejandro Cañas Fernández, Pablo Castro Adriasola and Inversiones La Candelaria Limitada
- Colegium SpA: On March 1, 2022, Colegium SpA and Incremental SpA signed the contract for the sale of assets and accompanying documents, by which Colegium SpA acquired the main assets of Incremental SpA. With this, Colegium adds Radar Escolar platform to its services, strengthening even more its position as a provider of digital services to educational institutions.
- LQ Inversiones Financieras S.A.: Advised the client on the modification of two bond line agreements before the Financial Market Commission, previously approved at a bondholder meeting.
- Quiñenco: Advised the client with consolidated assets of approximately US$63.7 billion, on the issuance of local bonds for approximately UF4,000,000.
- Quiñenco: Advise in the issuance and registration of two line of bonds for UF 10,000,000 each before the Financial Market Commission, securities and banking regulator
- Quiñenco: Advise in the issuance and registration of two series of bonds for UF 3,000,000 and UF 5,000,000, respectively.
- Chile (2018)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2017
- Colegium se fortalece en Chile con la adquisición de Radar Escolar (LexLatin - April 28, 2022)
- Endurance Investments buys stake in Chilean software startup Talana (Leaders League - July 28, 2021)
- Eurofarma mejora su posición en el mercado farmacéutico chileno (Lex Latin – July 1, 2019)
- Giddings Fruit obtiene recursos para financiar compra de activos (Lex Latin – March 9, 2019)