Amory Heine, partner at DLA Piper Chile, specializes in tax law, advising clients, both Chilean and foreign, in corporate and personal tax planning, on inbound and outbound matters. She has participated in the structuring of businesses and companies in Chile and abroad. She also has experience in representing clients in audits and litigation with the Internal Revenue Service (Servicio de Impuestos Internos), before the Tax and Customs Courts, the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court.
Amory Heine is a member of the Board of Experts in Tax Law of the Chilean Bar Association, and member of the Chilean Institute of Tax Law and the International Fiscal Association (IFA).
- Partner, 2021 to date
- Leading local law firms, 2006-2007 / 2007-2012 / 2012-2021
- Specialist Lawyer, PricewaterhouseCoopers, 2004 - 2006
- Chile (2003)
- Leading Lawyers, Idealis (Tax - 2019)
- Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2001.
- Master in Tax Law, School of Law, Universidad de Chile, 2008.
- Diploma in Tax Litigation and Prosecution, School of Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, 2021.
- Course in Criminal Tax Litigation, School of Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, 2021.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Chilean Institute of Tax Law.
- Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA).
- Member of the Board of Experts in Tax Law of the Chilean Bar Association (2021).
- “El Reclamo de Vulneración de Derechos del Contribuyente, El nuevo recurso de protección en materia tributaria?", Training Activity Equivalent to Thesis for the Degree of Master in Tax Law, Universidad de Chile, Guiding Professor: Eduardo Morales Robles, 2011.
- "New Government Announces Tax Reform Measures", Tax Notes International. (vol, 43 #3), 2006. Co-author with Alex Fischer W.
- "¿Sienten las sociedades? La persona jurídica como sujeto de daño moral", Thesis to obtain a Law Degree from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Professor: Juan Carlos Dörr Zegers, 2002.
- Reforma tributaria y defensa del contribuyente (Diario Financiero, August 2, 2022)
- Sobre Tribunales Administrativos, Tributarios y Aduaneros (Diario Financiero - March 30, 2022)
- Crece interés de familias con patrimonios entre US$ 500 mil y US$ 2 millones por reorganizar sus bienes (El Mercurio - February 13, 2021)
- DLA Piper Chile refuerza práctica fiscal en vísperas de elecciones (Lex Latin - November 19, 2021)
- DLA Piper Hires Tax Partner in Chile (law.com - November 4, 2021)
- DLA Piper hires new Tax partner (Iberian Lawyer - November 3, 2021)
- En DLA PIPER CHILE (El Mercurio - October 30, 2021)
- DLA Piper Chile activa grúa y ficha a especialista en impuestos como nueva socia (Diario Financiero - October 27, 2021)