Hugo Molina focuses his practice in various areas of corporate law, advising national and international companies from various industries, in the process of mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganizations. He also advises companies on local and international corporate financing, capital increases, and convertible loans; debt refinancing and restructuring, contract law and general corporate advice.
- Associate, 2021 to date
- Associate, Barros & Errázuriz Abogados, 2017 – 2021
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.: Advised in the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Aela Generación S.A. and Aela Energía SpA, corresponding to a portfolio of 332 MW in three operating wind farms (Sarco, Cuel and Aurora) located in Chile for US$685.6 million.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank: Advised JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as arranger, and the rest of the Lenders, in the execution of the Amended and Restated Super-Priority Debtor-in-Possession Term Loan Agreement (A&R DIP Financing Agreement) with LATAM Airlines Group S.A., and other group entities, consisting of an amended and restated DIP Financing Agreement, guarantees and liens transference from the original lenders and legal clearance of the updated corporate/legal compliance, entered into by LATAM in the context of the approval of the Chapter 11 reorganization LATAM proposal at the proceedings before the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.: Advised the client on its agreement to acquire Aela Generación S.A. and Aela Energía SpA, a 332-megawatt portfolio of three newly built operating wind assets in Chile, for a purchase price of US$686 million.
- Janssen S.A.: Advised the client in the process of acquisition of 40% of the shares issued by Kreis SpA, consolidating 100% ownership of the company dedicated to intralogistics solutions with operations in Santiago.
- Seven Seas Water: Advised the Chilean entities of Seven Seas Water in the execution of a credit agreement under New York Law in the amount of US$205,000,000 with Deutsche Bank AG, New York Branch as issuing bank, Investec Bank PLC, as administrative agent and issuing bank and Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, as collateral agent.
- Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.: Advised Oaktree Capital Management in the granting of a financing to LATAM Airlines Group S.A., and other group entities, up to the amount of US$750,000,000 corresponding to Tranche B of the DIP Financing Agreement entered into by LATAM, in the context of the Chapter 11 reorganization process before the Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of New York.
- Chile (2018)
- Graduated as the best student of the graduating class, School of Law and Social Sciences, Universidad de Concepción, 2014.
- "Professor Mario Romero Guggisberg" Award for the best student of the Labor Law cycle of the graduating class, School of Law and Social Sciences, Universidad de Concepción, 2014.
- Scholarship "Barros & Errázuriz Abogados", 2015.
- Spanish and English
- Law, Universidad de Concepción, 2014.
- Diploma in “Tax Analysis and Planning”, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2021.
- Diploma in “Civil Liability, current problems”, Universidad de Chile, 2022 (c).
- Teaching assistant, Department of Procedural Law, School of Law and Social Sciences, Universidad de Concepción 2013.
- Teaching assistant, Department of Criminal Law, School of Law and Social Sciences, Universidad de Concepción 2014-2015.
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Innergex Renewable Energy’s Acquisition of Aela Energía (Global Legal Chronicle - February 11, 2022)
- Latam Airlines recibe Oaktree Capital por 750 millones de dólares (Lex Latin - December 1, 2021)
- Oaktree Capital Management’s US$750 Million Financing to LATAM Airlines Group (Global Legal Chronicle - November 23, 2021)