María Isabel Izquierdo concentrates her practice in Corporate Law, M&A, corporate governance and general practice, including advise in drafting of civil and commercial agreements, corporate documents and participation on the due diligence processes related to her practice areas.
She has also participated in the Venture Capital and Financing area of the Firm.
- Associate, 2019 to date
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised in the acquistion of Nihue Solar SpA, special purpose vehicle for the development of the “Nihue” photovoltaic project (PMGD of 3MW).
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised the client in the acquisition of El Naranjal SpA from Gestión de Capital Adelantado SpA, and the acquisition of Parque Solar El Paso SpA and Parque Solar Villa Alegre SpA from Solek Chile Holding SpA. All of them special purpose vehicles holders of PMGD photovoltaic power plants.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised CarbonFree Chile SpA in the acquisition of GR Raulí SpA and GR Ulmo SpA, both of them special purpose vehicles for the development of photovoltaic power plants.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised the client in the acquisition of Apolo del Norte SpA, Nuovosol SpA, Sinergia Solar SpA and Solar Brothers SpA, all of them special purpose vehicles for the development of photovoltaic power plants (PMGD of 9MW).
- BEE SUDAMERICA S.L.: Legal advise in the formalization of a joint venture between Blue Elephant and oEnergy, for the development, construction, financing, debt structuring, operation and maintenance of 12 photovoltaic plants totaling approximately 120 MWp.
- FIP Fen Ventures II: We assisted our client Fen in the negotiation and investment of US$500.000 through a convertible note in Mudango Chile SpA.
- Itaú Corpbanca, Banco de Crédito del Perú S.A.S and Banco BICE: Counsel to Itaú Corpbanca, Banco de Crédito del Perú S.A.A. and Banco BICE, as lenders for the loan facility granted to three Atlantica Yield´s entities (Transmisora Baquedano S.A., Transmisora Mejillones S.A. and Palmucho S.A.) for the second amendment to the financing.
- American Tower Corporation: Advise client on the purchased of 30,722 telecommunication towers from Telefónica Group in Europe (Germany and Spain) and Latin America (Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Peru).
- Oaktree Capital Management L.P.: Advise the client, as a creditor of Tranche A, for US$1,300,000,000, for the DIP (“Debtor-in-Possession”) Financing Contract in Latin America – Awarded “Deal of the Year 2021” in the category “Banking and Finance” by Latin Lawyer.
- American Tower Corporation: Advise on day-to-day matters and support on the acquisition of more than 3,242 towers from Entel.
- Waterlogic: Advise in the acquisition of Aquafree, Chile’s largest point-of-use water dispenser company.
- CarbonFree: Advise in the acquisition of several solar plant projects and their financing. Assistance in corporate documentation and day-to-day matters.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised in the acquistion of Parsosy Helios SpA, special purpose vehicle for the development of the “Llay-Llay” photovoltaic project (PMGD of 3MW).
- CarbonFree Technology: Advise to CarbonFree Chile SpA as borrower for the 10th disbursement of the financing agreement granted by a bank syndicate led by Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, in its capacity as administrative agent. The draw was granted for the acquisition of four photovoltaic power projects owned by JREL Solar SpA and to cover operation and VAT expenses for certain existing projects.
- Volunteer at Agrado Project
- Chile (2019)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2017
- Tax Law Teaching Assistant, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad de la Católica de Chile, 2019
- American Tower adquiere filiales de Telxius de Telefónica (Lex Latin – January 25, 2021)
- Latam Airlines consigue crédito DIP para enfrentar la crisis (Lex Latin – October 30, 2020)
- Giddings Fruit obtiene recursos para financiar compra de activos (Lex Latin – March 9, 2019)