Vicente Vergara focuses his practice on Corporate Law, with special emphasis on financing and banking law, advising numerous companies, national and foreign, on lending transactions, corporate and project financing (e.g. energy and infrastructure) and structured products.
- Associate, 2019 to date
- Associate, Philippi, Prietocarrizosa, Ferrero DU & Uría, 2016-2018
- Legal Assistant, Baker & Mckenzie, 2014-2015
- Itaú Corpbanca, Banco de Crédito del Perú S.A.S and Banco BICE: Counsel to Itaú Corpbanca, Banco de Crédito del Perú S.A.A. and Banco BICE, as lenders for the loan facility granted to three Atlantica Yield´s entities (Transmisora Baquedano S.A., Transmisora Mejillones S.A. and Palmucho S.A.) for the second amendment to the financing, in order to adjust the definition of the applicable margin for each tranche, among others. This required the borrowers the execution of allonges to the promissory notes.
- Zeal Chile: Advise the client, a Chilean subsidiary of Waterlogic, as lender to a loan granted to Prisma Water SpA, an innovative Chilean company dedicated to the production of purified water. The financing was granted to the borrower to acquire equipment to develop its business.
- Lácteos del Sur S.A.: Counsel to Lácteos del Sur S.A., as lender to a loan agreement granted to Cooperativa Agrícola Torrencial Lechero, a Chilean company.
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: Finance the acquisition and/or development, construction, commissioning, testing, start-up, operation and maintenance of a portfolio of projects consisting of several photovoltaic solar energy projects with an aggregate capacity, once fully constructed and operational, of approximately 225 MW located in Chile. The lender was Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas.
- Oaktree Capital Management L.P.: Advise the client, as a creditor of Tranche A, for US$1,300,000,000, for the DIP (“Debtor-in-Possession”) Financing Contract in Latin America.
- Janssen S.A.: Advise the client, as a subscriber of a capital increase of shares of Kreis SpA, by which the client acquired 60% of participation in the property of Kreis, and therefore, holding control of the acquired company.
- Giddings Fruit S.A.: Assisted the client, as borrower, in a financing agreement governed by New York law called “Note Purchase and Guarantee Agreement” (“NPA”), by means of which certain foreign investors, as lenders, acquired promissory notes (“Notes”) that Giddings Fruit S.A. issued with the purpose of finance several corporate matters of Giddings Fruit S.A. and its subsidiaries, located in Chile, Mexico, Peru, United States of America, England and China.
- Itaú Corpbanca, Banco de Crédito del Perú S.A.S and Banco BICE: We advise the clients on the financing of three companies belonging to Atlantica Yield for the refinancing and prepayment of current loans governed under New York law of the borrowers. We also advise them for new investments necessary for the proper functioning of a recently acquired power transmission line located in Vicuña, Chile.
- Colegios Federico Froebel S.A.: We advise the client in the financing granted by Banco Security for new investments in infrastructure of the educational establishments of Las Condes and Chicureo of the Deutsche Schule and for the prepayment and termination of a real estate leasing agreement precedent held with the Banco de Chile.
- Banco BICE: We advise the client on the credit facility for the issuance of performance bonds required by Sacyr Chile S.A. to guarantee the obligations derived from the construction contract with Sociedad Concesionaria Américo Vespucio Oriente S.A. for the construction of the work Américo Vespucio Oriente 1. We also assist the Banco BICE in the drafting and execution of a intercreditor agreement with BTG Pactual and Banco Internacional, in which the parties agreed to a collection mechanism and/or return pari passu for the performance bonds.
- Mirae Asset Daewoo Co.: We advise the Korean bank, lender and principal agent in charge of a term loan granted to DE Energía SpA for the development, construction, financing, operation and management of 12 photovoltaic power plants in Chile, with a total capacity 105MW.
- Sky Solar: We advise this company in the negotiation of a local syndicated loan with project finance guarantees for USD35,000,000.
- Carbon Free: We advise this company in the negotiation of an international syndicated loan with project finance guarantees for USD107,000,000.
- Komax S.A.: We advise on a financing granted by a bank syndicate composed of Banco Santander, Banco Consorcio and Banco BTG for refinancing outstanding debt and financing for the acquisition of a new company.
- Chile (2016)
- Legal 500 (Banking and Finance 2021)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2015
- Teaching assistance, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2019 – present.
- Latam Airlines consigue crédito DIP para enfrentar la crisis (Lex Latin – October 30, 2020)
- Giddings Fruit obtiene recursos para financiar compra de activos (Lex Latin – March 9, 2019)