María del Pilar Paredes focuses her practice in corporate law, advising Chilean and foreign clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and negotiation and drafting of civil and commercial contracts.
Associate, 2017 to date
- Inversiones SB (Grupo SB): Advise in the acquisition of all issued shares of Medipharm, a long term leasing agreement of Medipharm’s plant and a commercial agreement for the sale of Medipharm’s products in Salcobrand’s pharmacy chain
- Apollo Global Education (EEUU): Advise on the sale of 100% of IACC shares and the transfer of control of UNIACC (undisclosed amount)
- Zurich (Switzerland): Advise on the purchase of life insurance portfolio of Euroamerica Seguros de Vida S.A. and 100% of the shares of the Euroamerica Administradora General de Fondos S.A. (USD $155 million)
- Atiaia (Brasil): Advise on the sale of two hydroelectric projects located in the south of Chile to CWE (undisclosed amount)
- Waterlogic: Advise in the acquisition of Aquafree, Chile’s largest point-of-use water dispenser company
- Blue Digital Servicios de Marketing S.A.: Advise in the acquisition of 60.26% of the client’s shares by Philippe Lapierre Chateau, Alejandro Cañas Fernández, Pablo Castro Adriasola and Inversiones La Candelaria Limitada
- Quiñenco: Advise in the issuance and registration of two line of bonds for UF 10,000,000 each before the Comisión para el Mercado Financiero, securities and banking regulator
- Quiñenco: Advise in the issuance and registration of two series of bonds for UF 3,000,000 and UF 5,000,000, respectively.
Spanish and English
Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2017
Lex Latin – Jul 1, 2019
DLA Piper Chile advised Inversiones SB in the entire transaction of the sale of Productos Farmacéuticos Medipharm.