Mr. Halpern is counsel in our firm, his practice focused on corporate law, with special emphasis on financing and capital markets, advising numerous companies, national and foreign, on lending transactions, corporate and project financing (e.g. energy and infrastructure) and structured products. He has also leadprivate placement processes, initial public offering and bonds and securities issuances. Furthermore, he has been actively involved advising boards of directors and the senior management of national and international companies,both public and private. He has collaboratedin corporate restructuring processes, dispute resolution and complex-negotiation transactions, mainly between shareholders.
- Graduated in Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2001), receiving his professional degree in 2003;
- LL.M University of Pennsylvania (2009).
- Counsel at BAZ | DLA Piper since 2017;
- Corporate General Counsel at SMU S.A., Santiago, Chile (2015-2017);
- Executive Legal Manager of Pacific Hydro, Santiago, Chile (2011-2015);
- Senior Associate at Bahamondez, Alvarez & Zegers, Santiago, Chile (2010-2011);
- Foreign Law Clerk at Clifford Chance in Washington D.C., United States (2009-2010);
- Associated at the law firm Yrarrázaval, Ruiz-Tagle, Goldenberg, Lakes & Silva, Santiago, Chile (2003-2007).
- Corporate law, especially loan agreements, project financing and structured transactions;
- Capital Markets and Securities Regulation;
- Joint Ventures and Complex Shareholders Negotiation.
- Professor ofCommercial Lawat Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile,Law School since 2011;
- Assistant Professor of Procedural Law at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile,Law School in 2007;
- Assistant Professor of Litigation atUniversidaddel Desarrollo, Law School,during2003-2004.
Affiliations and Activities
Chilean Bar Association.
- Fulbright Scholarship, 2008;
- UPENN Law School – Dean´s Scholarship (2008);
- The Legal 500, GC Powerlist (2017).