Matías Zegers serves as Managing partner of DLA Piper Chile, leading the Corporate and M&A practice group of the firm. He is also a member of the DLA Piper´s Americas Executive Committee.
Matías focuses his practice on Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Governance and Venture Capital. He is considered one of the most experienced lawyers in Corporate Governance and Venture Capital in Chile and in the region, having being consistently recognized as such by multiple rankings and publications.
In M&A, he has advised clients in several purchase and sale operations of public and private companies, both domestic and foreign. He has also participated in Public Offers of Acquisition of Shares of diverse corporations, privatization of electric and sanitary companies in Latin America, bonds and commercial bills issuances in the local and international markets, both registered and unregistered.
In Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship matters, he has advised clients in landmark transactions, many of them the first to be closed in Chile. Also, he has significant experience in investment funds and designing innovative solutions to fund venture capital, structuring financing products, and applying for public funds, among others. As one of the leading Chilean attorneys in Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship, Mr. Zegers has been a pioneer assisting multiple tech and biotech companies in almost all the relevant verticals of the industry, both start-ups and scale-ups.
Matías is a reference at the regional level of good Corporate Governance practices, advising leading national and regional companies in matters, such as, manuals and policies, boards and committees, directors’ responsibilities and their evaluation, among others.
Matías has developed an extended academic career. He is a tenured professor at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile´s Law School and Founder and Executive Chairman of the Centro de Gobierno Corporativo UC. He is also member of the OECD´s Latin American Roundtable in Corporate Governance and several of its task forces and director of the Fundación Carlos Vial Espantoso.
- Partner, 2006 to date
- Other majors chilean firms, 1993-2001 / 2003-2006
- Davis Polk & Wardwell, New York, 2002-2003
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Capitalizarme.com: We advised our client Capitalizarme.com, a company that develops and operates a marketplace for real estate assets, in the acquisition of 51% of the ownership of Brokers Digitales.
- Vestuá: We advised the client, a Chilean startup that allows to buy and sale secondhand cloth thorugh internet, in the share acquisition by H&M Fashion AB, one of the largest cloth companies in the fashion industry.
- Talana (Linq SpA): Advised Talana (Linq SpA), a Chilean start-up that developed and commercializes a software for software to digitize and automate the processes related to employee management within companies, in the acquisition of 100% ownership of Key Clouding (Tescloud SpA), Chilean company that offers software solutions to streamline and simplify the selection of talent, improving recruitment processes within companies.
- Beetrack: We advised Beetrack, a Chilean start-up that deleloped a SaaS (Software as a Service) for fleet management and parcel tracking for shipping and delivery companies, on the sale of their 100% ownership to DispatchTrack, LLC. and DispatchTrack Intermediate, LLC., a US group of companies dedicated to last mile delivery and route optimazation.
- Talana: We advised the client, a Chilean start-up that developed an HR software, on the sale of the majority ownership to Endurance Investments, who bought through a public investment fund created specifically for this investment.
- Uber - Cornershop: Advise both clients, as joint counsel, in the acquisition of a majority stake in Cornershop by Uber Technologies, Inc. This deal was awarded as Deal of the Year in Private M&A by Latin Lawyer 2021.
- Uber - Cornershop: Advised both clients as joint counsel in the US$3,000 million agreement to acquire fully ownership of Cornershop, by means of the acquisition of the remaining 47% not owned by Uber. This deal is the second step of the previous acquisition of a controlling interest in Cornershop by Uber in 2019 and 2020.
- Odd Industries: Advised the client (a technology startup) in the sale of a majority stake to Maderas Arauco S.A., one of the largest companies in Chile.
- Colbún: Advise on the acquisition of Efizity, an energy solutions company.
- Cornershop – Cencosud: Advise Cornershop on a long term Framework Agreement for Commercial Collaboration, in which the parties agreed an strategic alliance which will allows consumers to access, through the platform developed by Cornershop, to an important variety of products offered by Cencosud S.A. in the different countries in which it operates.
- Arch Daily: Advise the client on the sale of its digital architecture platform "ArchDaily" with operations in Chile, Mexico, USA, Hong Kong and China to the Swiss company, Architonic AG.
- Uber - Cornershop: Advise both clients and participated as joint counsel on the acquisition of a majority stake in Cornershop by Uber Technologies, Inc., for a value of USD $456 million - Awarded “Deal of the Year 2021” in the category “private M&A” by Latin Lawyer.
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: Advise on the acquisition of more than 19 solar plant projects.
- Accionistas de Cornershop (Chile - México): Advise on the potential sale of Cornershop to Walmart (US$ 225 million).
- The Coca Cola Company - Andina - Embonor (USA - Chile): Advise on the purchase of 100% of Comercializadora Novaverde S.A.- “Guallarauco” (USD $80 million).
Venture Capital - Fintech:
- Fen Ventures II: advised Fondo de Inversión Privado FEN Ventures II in the negotiation and preparation of the investment documentation for the conversion of a two convertible notes in Praxis Biotech LLC.
- The Bridge Social: advised our client The Bridge Social, on the negotiation and closing of a share purchase agreement and other ancillary agreements, to materialize the sale of 100% of its ownership to GI Group.
- Devlabs - Snap Compliance: advised both Snap Compliance and FIP Chile Outlier Seed Fund I (Devlabs) on the negotiation and closing of a convertible note for US$50,000.
- Fen Ventures III Fund LP: advised FEN Ventures III Fund LP on the negotiation and review of investment documentation for an equity investment in Michroma.
- Fen Ventures – Vita Wallet: advised both Fen Ventures and Vita Wallet on the closing of a financing round in the latter company for a total of USD $750,000, thorugh convertible notes, in which the corporate venture capital area of ABC Din also participated. Vita Wallet is a company that through its virtual wallet allows people to send payments to multiple destinations around the world.
- The Live Green Co.: We advised the company in the US$7,000,000 investment in their Pre-Series A round, a Chilean company dedicated to the development of clean and vegan food formulas.
- Soluciones en Minería y Energía SpA (“Zyght“): We advised the client in the sell and transfer of the comercial operations of Zyght, including all its technology, assets, certain liabilities and bussines, to the company Datamine Chile S.A., Chilean subsidiary of Vela Software International, Inc., a well-known global company in software development, marketing and related services.
- Local investor: We advised the client, a Chilean fund on the investment of US$2,500,000 in the Series B extension round of Holo, a Newark, CA-based metal additive manufacturing company.
- Fen Ventures: Advised the client in the US$250,000 investment in the seed round of Wibond, a Fintech that offers, through its platform, installment payments without the need for a credit card.
- Vestúa: We advised the client in their series A investment round of US$1,500,000 subscribed by local investors.
- Fen Ventures: We advised the client in the US$400,000 investment in the bridge round of Vita Wallet, a Fintech that offers companies and individuals the ability to send or receive international payments quickly and easily.
- Fen Ventures: Advised the client in the US$350,000 investment in the seed round of Flycrew Chile, a company that manages a training hub.
- Customer Scoops: We advised Customer Scoops in their series seed investment round of US$220,000 subscribed by local investors with convertible instruments.
- Wareclouds: We advised the client in the investment of US$1,200,000 through a capital increase and the issuance of Series Seed Prefered Shares of Wareclouds SpA, which were paid by CLIN Fondo de Inversión Privado, Plug and Play Venture Group, LLC and other local and foreign investors. On the other hand, the outstanding SAFE´s were converted.
- Finvox SpA. (MejoresCondiciones): We assisted our client, a Fintech focused in the real estate market, mainly in access to banking finance, in the sale of the Company to Capitalizarme.com, a Proptech.
- RedCapital: Advised in the US$2 million financing round, led by HCS Capital and also underwritten by a new investor, Quest Capital.
- Fracttal: We advised our client Fracttal SpA in raising a US$ 5.3 million investment round. The process was led by the Spanish fund Seaya Ventures and counted with the participation of the fund GoHub, which is part of the Spanish group Global Omnium.
- Colektia: Advised the client in the closing of a Series A Preferred Stock financing round, for a value of USD $4,200,000.
- Instacrops: We advised the client in the investment of US$2,000,000 through a capital increase and the issuance of Series A Preferred Shares of Agronet SpA. These shares were paid with the conversion of instruments against the company, and with cash.
- Comunidad Feliz: We advised the client, a platform for property management, on its Series A financing round, which was led by Clout, for a value of USD2,000,000.
- FIP Fen Ventures II: Advised this local VC firm on its investment, through its private equity fund FIP Fen Ventures II, in 14 Chilean technology companies, based in Chile and abroad: Agenda Pro (2018); Praxis Biotech LLC (July 2020); Andes Ag, Inc (March 2020); Chattigo SpA (February 2020); Get On Board SpA (November 2019); Citysense Co. (February 2020); Migrante Sociedad Financiera SpA (March 2020); Insurtech SpA (today HOUM) (February 2020); Publica.la Chile SpA (August 2020); Colektia Inc. (February 2021), Políglota SpA (February 2021); Enviame Latam SpA (December 2020); Lentes Plus (December 2020) and Mudango Chile SpA (April 2021).
- FIP Vulcano - Administradora Dadneo II S.A.: Advised the client, a local VC firm, on its investment through its private equity fund FIP Vulcano in eight Chilean technology companies, based in Chile and abroad, and the conversion of outstanding notes in Go Rabbit SpA (E-monk) (October 2020), Pago46 Chile SpA (December 2020), Pleiq Smart Toy SpA (September 2020), Roombeast SpA (October 2020), Simplo S.A. (August 2020), Slik Chile SpA (September 2020), BackStartUp (May 2021) and Wheel The World, Inc (November 2020).
- A3 Electric Mobility SpA (A3E): We advised A3E, an electric mobility solutions company, on its Series A financing round, which was led by two local investors, for a total amount of US$2,000,000.
- Khosla Ventures: Reinvestment of the client through Khosla Ventures Aguamarina Holdings, LLC, in the Chilean company Aguamarina SpA.
- Odd Industries: Advise the client on the first round of the US$2 million Seed Round investment.
- Praxis Biotech SpA: A California-based company focused in the development of biotechnology for the pharmaceutical sector, in its establishment in Chile and in a corporate reorganization with the United States company.
- Soluciones en Mineria y Energia SPA (Zyght): Advise in a Series A investment by VC firm Inversur.
- GeneproDX Chile SpA: In the negotiation, structuring and closing of a Series Seed financing round by Inmobiliaria Las Agatas Limitada and Empresas UC S.A. (investment company of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile).
- Fintual: We advise the client, in several regulatory matters related with the operation and business development of its Administradora General de Fondos (Funds Administrator), which is regulated by the Financial Market Commission.
- Fintual: We advised in the negotiation of the bridge financing with ALL VP, which invested US$1,000,000 in convertible notes of our client, through three private equity funds. Our services included assisting the client for the due diligence work, together with the drafting and negotiation of term sheet and the convertible notes.
- Izit: The Firm has been assisting the client in its daily operation of the app and with contractual and procedural advice on several technological agreements, including, among others, payment services, NDAs, master agreements for digital marketing services, digital marketing advisory services, commercial agreements for use of digital channels, etc.
- Finvox: We provide permanent advise to the client in several legal matters related to its daily functioning as an online trading platform and app which renders services to the banking institution so that their clients can have a better user experience when investing.
- Pago46: We assisted the client in the transfer of all the assets and intellectual property from a previous entity to a newly incorporated company called Pago46, a subsidiary of 46 Degrees technology Inc. (a Delaware entity), for the development of a payment platform in cash for online purchases that enables customers without access to banking institutions the possibility to shop online.
- Modyo: We are currently assisting the client in a corporate reorganization that will help them continue strengthen their position as a relevant SaaS for financial institutions.
- Parque Arauco S.A.: Advised on the creation of its corporate governance structure, policies and framework, including the drafting of a Corporate Governance Manual.
- Asociación Gremial de Generadoras de Chile: Advised on the evaluation of the functioning of its corporate governance framework.
- Televisión Nacional: Advised on the modification of its corporate governance structure, policies and framework.
- Empresas Copec S.A.: Advised on the creation of its corporate governance structure, policies and framework.
- Empresas CMPC S.A.: Advised on the creation of its corporate governance structure, policies and framework, as well as defining certain positions within the organization and its scope.
- Brotec S.A.: Advised on the creation of its corporate governance structure, policies and framework, including new board composition and family protocol.
- Subsecretaria de Prevision Social: Advised on the creation of a corporate governance framework for institutions which manage labor benefits.
- Viña Concha y Toro S.A.: Advised on the creation of its corporate governance structure, policies and framework.
- Transelec: Advised on the creation of its corporate governance structure, policies and framework.
- Colbun S.A.: Advised on the creation of its corporate governance structure, policies and framework.
- SB Group: Advised on the creation of its corporate governance structure, policies and framework.
- Board of directors of Agunsa: Advised on determinate the sale scheme of an entire line of business to Hamburg Sud jointly with its related company CCNI.
- Several listed companies: Advised on processes of board evaluation, corporate governance policies and compliance programs.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank: Advised JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as arranger, and the rest of the Lenders, in the execution of the Amended and Restated Super-Priority Debtor-in-Possession Term Loan Agreement (A&R DIP Financing Agreement) with LATAM Airlines Group S.A., and other group entities, consisting of an amended and restated DIP Financing Agreement, guarantees and liens transference from the original lenders and legal clearance of the updated corporate/legal compliance, entered into by LATAM in the context of the approval of the Chapter 11 reorganization LATAM proposal at the proceedings before the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- CarbonFree Technology Inc: The Firm has been actively advising the client during all stages of development of photovoltaic power plants, from the due diligence processes in a greenfield stage until the acquisition, execution of the EPC and O&M agreement, and the operation stage of the power plants. We have performed due diligence in over 60 projects, and we have counselled the client in the acquisition of mora than 40 power photovoltaic plants in the last years, many of them are now operating.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised on the debt financing facilities for their portfolio of utility-scale solar projects located in Chile. The financings are comprised of a US$19mm letter of credit facility, a US$71mm bridge-loan facility which will be used to fund ongoing construction costs, and a US$270mm private placement facility whose proceeds will be used primarily to refinance existing bank debt and repay the bridge-loan facility once projects complete construction. This deal was recognized as "Latin American Solar Deal Of the Year 2022" by Proximo.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised in the acquistion of Cobeña Energia SpA, PSF Paine SpA and PSF Puangue SpA, special purpose vehicles for the development of the "Batres" (PMGD de 6MW), "Paine" (PMGD de 4MW) and "Puangue" (PMGD de 6MW), respectively.
- Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.: Advised Oaktree Capital Management in the granting of a financing to LATAM Airlines Group S.A., and other group entities, up to the amount of US$750,000,000 corresponding to Tranche B of the DIP Financing Agreement entered into by LATAM, in the context of the Chapter 11 reorganization process before the Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of New York.
- Lácteos del Sur S.A.: Counsel to Lácteos del Sur S.A., as lender to a loan agreement granted to Cooperativa Agrícola Torrencial Lechero, a Chilean company.
- Zeal Chile: Advise the client, a Chilean subsidiary of Waterlogic, as lender to a loan granted to Prisma Water SpA, an innovative Chilean company dedicated to the production of purified water.
- CarbonFree Chile SpA: Finance the acquisition and/or development, construction, commissioning, testing, start-up, operation and maintenance of a portfolio of projects consisting of several photovoltaic solar energy projects with an aggregate capacity, once fully constructed and operational, of approximately 225 MW located in Chile. The lender was Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas.
- Oaktree Capital Management L.P.: Advise the client, as a creditor of Tranche A, for US$1,300,000,000, for the DIP (“Debtor-in-Possession”) Financing Contract in Latin America – Awarded “Deal of the Year 2021” in the category “Banking and Finance” by Latin Lawyer.
- Giddings Fruit S.A.: Assisted the client, as borrower, in a financing agreement governed by New York law called “Note Purchase and Guarantee Agreement” (“NPA”), by means of which certain foreign investors, as lenders, acquired promissory notes (“Notes”) that Giddings Fruit S.A. issued with the purpose of finance several corporate matters of Giddings Fruit S.A. and its subsidiaries, located in Chile, Mexico, Peru, United States of America, England and China.
- Itaú Corpbanca, Banco de Crédito del Perú S.A.S y Banco BICE: Advise the clients, as lenders, for the loan facility granted to three Atlantica Yield´s entities (Transmisora Baquedano S.A., Transmisora Mejillones S.A. and Palmucho S.A.) for the refinancing of two of the borrower´s debt governed under the laws of New York. In addition, advise for new investments necessary for the proper functioning of the acquired electric transmission line located at Vicuña, Chile.
- Banco BICE: Advise the client in the opening of the credit line for the issuance of the performance guarantees required by Sacyr Chile S.A. to guarantee the obligations derived from the construction contract with Sociedad Concesionaria Américo Vespucio Oriente S.A.; Assist Banco BICE in the drafting and execution of a Loan Agreement with BTG Pactual and Banco Internacional, in which the parties agreed on a collection and/or restitution mechanism pari passu for the issued Performance Obligations
- Colegios Federico Froebel S.A.: Counsel to the client as borrower for a loan facility granted by Banco Security for new infrastructure investments of the Las Condes and Chicureo educational establishments of the Deutsche Schule and for the pre-payment and termination of a precedent real estate leasing with Banco de Chile.
- Carbonfree Technology: Advised in the acquistion of Parsosy Helios SpA y Nihue Solar SpA., special purpose vehicle for the development of the "Llay-Llay" and “Nihue” photovoltaic project (PMGD of 3MW), respectively.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised the client in the acquisition of El Naranjal SpA from Gestión de Capital Adelantado SpA, and the acquisition of Parque Solar El Paso SpA and Parque Solar Villa Alegre SpA from Solek Chile Holding SpA. All of them special purpose vehicles holders of PMGD photovoltaic power plants.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised CarbonFree Chile SpA in the acquisition of GR Raulí SpA and GR Ulmo SpA, both of them special purpose vehicles for the development of photovoltaic power plants.
- CarbonFree Technology: Advised the client in the acquisition of Apolo del Norte SpA, Nuovosol SpA, Sinergia Solar SpA and Solar Brothers SpA, all of them special purpose vehicles for the development of photovoltaic power plants (PMGD of 9MW).
- CarbonFree Technology: Advise to CarbonFree Chile SpA as borrower for the 10th disbursement of the financing agreement granted by a bank syndicate led by Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, in its capacity as administrative agent. The draw was granted for the acquisition of four photovoltaic power projects owned by JREL Solar SpA and to cover operation and VAT expenses for certain existing projects.
- Solarcentury Chile SpA: Advise the client submitted an offer in the bidding process carried out by the Ministry of National Assets, to obtain a concession of public lands for the development of three solar energy projects.
- Chile (1995)
- Chambers – Global (Corporate and M&A 2019 – 2020 - 2021 - 2022 - 2023)
- Chambers – Latam (Corporate and M&A 2019 – 2020 - 2021 - 2022 - 2023 - 2024; Venture Capital 2021 - 2022 - 2023 - 2024)
- Chambers - Fintech (2022-2023)
- Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A including compliance 2018, Corporate and M&A 2019 - Rising Stars 2021 – Leading Individual 2022 - 2023, Venture Capital 2021 – Leading Individual 2022 – hall of fame 2023, Capital Markets 2021 – 2022 – 2023, Banking & finance 2022 – 2023)
- Leaders League (Private Equity - Startups & Innovation – Excellent 2020 – Leading 2022 - 2023; Startups & Venture Capital – Excellent 2021 - Leading 2022; Banking and Finance – Recommended 2020 – 2021 – 2022, highly recommended 2023; Corporate and M&A - Highly Recommended 2020 – 2021 – 2022 - 2023; Innovation, Technology and Telecoms: Telecommunications - Highly Recommended 2021 - 2022; Intellectual Property: Technology - Highly Recommended 2021 - 2022, Fintech - Excellent 2022 - 2023)
- IFLR 1000 (Capital Markets 2019 - 2020 – 2021 - 2022; Private Equity 2019 - 2020 – 2021 - 2022; M&A 2019 - 2020 – 2021 - 2022)
- Best Lawyers® (Corporate and M&A 2019 – 2020 – 2021 – 2022 - 2023, Corporate Governance and Compliance 2019 – 2020 – 2021 - Lawyer of the Year 2022 - 2023, Private Equity 2020 – 2021 – 2022 - 2023, Venture Capital 2019 – Lawyer of the Year 2020 – 2021 – 2022 - 2023)
- Latin Lawyer 250 (Corporate and M&A 2019 - 2020 - Highly Recommended 2021 – 2022, Anticorruption investigation and compliance 2019 – 2020, Banking and Finance 2019 – 2020 - Highly Recommended 2021 - 2022, Corporate Governance 2019 – 2020)
- LACCA Approved (Capital Markets 2019 – 2020 - 2021 - 2022)
- Latin Lawyer National (Corporate and M&A 2019 - 2020, Anticorruption investigations and compliance 2019 - 2020, Corporate Governance 2019 - 2020, Banking and Finance 2019 - 2020)
- Leading Lawyers - Idealis ("El que más sabe" de Gobiernos Corporativos 2020; "El profesional que más sabe" de Venture Capital 2022)
- Spanish and English
- Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 1994
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), The University of Michigan Law School, 2002
- Professor of Commercial Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 1997-present
- Professor of Mergers and Acquisitions in postgraduate program, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Professor of Corporate Governance in postgraduate program, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Director of the Department of Commercial, Economic and Tax Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2009-2019
- Executive Chaiman of the Corporate Governance Center UC, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2009 to date
- Visiting Scholar, School of Law, Standford University, 2016-2017
- Chilean Bar Association
- International Bar Association (“IBA”)
- Member of the Latin American Roundtable in Corporate Governance, OECD
- Member of the Task Force for Related Party Transactions, OECD
- Director in Fundación Carlos Vial Espantoso
- Market Talk: 2022 Outlook, Loans (Latin Finance Magazine - Q1 2022)
- “Notas sobre la evolución del derecho societario en Chile” (co-author with Roberto Guerrero), Ed. Marcial Pons, 2019
- “Análisis del Primer Intento de Imponer Autorregulación sobre Gobierno Corporativo en Chile: Resultado de un oxímoron”. Co-author with Eduardo Walker and Maria Paz Godoy, to be published in Revista Chilena de Derecho
- “Grupos Empresariales e Información: ¿Es un Privilegio de los Directores del Controlador?”, Business Law Studies, Thomson Reuter, 2018
- “Existe un Deber de Cuidado Particular Para Los Directores Independientes”, Business Law Studies, UC Editions, 2017
- “Principio de Confianza en la Información presentada por la Sociedad a la Luz del Deber de Cuidado de los Directores”, Business Law Studies, Thomson Reuters, 2014
- “Manual sobre Derecho de Sociedades”, Ediciones UC, Second Edition, 2022. Co-authored with Roberto Guerrero V.
- “Gobierno Corporativo en Latinoamérica: Un análisis comparativo entre Brasil, Chile, Colombia y México.” Research sponsored by the Instituto de Empresa, Madrid, Spain, December 2013. Co-authored with Josefina Consiglio
- “Interés social, Deber de Lealtad de los Directores y Conflictos de Interés en Empresas Multinacionales: Un análisis comparado con la Legislación de los Estados Unidos de América”, Chilean Law Gazette, Vol.31 N°2, 2004. Co-authored
- Getting the Deal Through, Corporate Governance, 2017 – 2018 – 2019
- Getting the Deal Through, Securities Finance, 2011 – 2012 – 2013 – 2014 – 2015 – 2017
- Principales estudios de abogados revelan aumento de demanda por Ley Fintech (Diario Financiero - May 4, 2023)
- Criterios ESG: Impacto en las organizaciones chilenas
- DLA Piper Chile asesora en el ingreso del gigante sueco Grupo H&M a la propiedad de la startup chilena de ropa Vestuá (El Mercurio - July 20, 2022)
¿Se acabo el “grifo” de dinero a las FinTech? Expertos advierten menor dinamismo (Diario Financiero - June 17, 2022)
- Work Café Santander: “Las necesidades jurídicas de las pymes, startups y emprendimientos en sus diferentes etapas” (Radio Infinita - May 24, 2022)
- ¿Cómo invertir en una startup? (DFMAS - March 13, 2022)
- Cláusula Petro, ¿es un mito o una realidad? (La República - February 14, 2022)
- Dispatch Track compra Beetrack y se expande en América Latina (Lex Latin - January 5, 2022)
- DLA Piper Chile y Baker Mckenzie se suman como parte de los aliados de Endeavor para escalar y potenciar emprendedores (Diario Sustentable - December 3, 2021)
- Beetrack se fusiona con firma de software de delivery: “Era el camino más rápido para crecer” (Diario Financiero - December 3, 2021)
- Latam Airlines recibe Oaktree Capital por 750 millones de dólares (Lex Latin - December 1, 2021)
- Oaktree Capital Management’s US$750 Million Financing to LATAM Airlines Group (Global Legal Chronicle - November 23, 2021)
- Los abogados chilenos más influyentes, según Leading Lawyers (Diario Financiero - November 2, 2021)
- Wareclouds’ $1,2 Million Investment (Global Legal Chronicle - October 22, 2021)
- Quiero armar mi startup, ¿Cómo lo hago? (DF Mas - October 3, 2021)
- Capitalizarme.com compra FinTech MejoresCondiciones y prepara expansión a México (El Diario Financiero September 15, 2021)
- Cornershop concreta alianza con Uber (Lex Latin - August 18, 2021)
- Endurance Investments buys stake in Chilean software startup Talana (Leaders League - July 28, 2021)
- Uber acquires remaining stake in Cornershop (Leaders League - July 2, 2021)
- Lo que no se supo de la venta a Uber (DF MAS - June 27, 2021)
- Uber`s Acquisition of Remaining 47% Interest in Cornershop (Global Legal - June 25, 2021)
- Diversidad en Directorios: ¿Qué dice la evidencia? (El Mercurio - April 26, 2021)
- Horst Paulmann: Tres dudas sobre su ausencia (La Segunda - April 12, 2021)
- TDLC rechaza demanda de taxistas contra Uber, Easy Taxi y Cabify por conductas abusivas (Diario Financiero - March 17, 2021)
- Estudios de abogados optimistas ante importante reactivación de fusiones y adquisiciones (Diario Financiero - March 10, 2021)
- Latam Airlines consigue crédito DIP para enfrentar la crisis (Lex Latin - October 30, 2020)
- Voy a México: La nueva ruta de las startups (DF Mas - October 25, 2020)
- Los abogados de los emprendedores (DF Mas - October 11, 2020)
- Leading Lawyers elige a los abogados más influyentes y prometedores (Diario Financiero - October 6, 2020)
- Pandemia acelera actividad de capital de riesgo, pero expertos advierten trabas (Diario Financiero - September 8, 2020)
- Cornershop crea una alianza con Cencosud en Chile (Lex Latin - September 4, 2020)
- Los abogados tras el acuerdo de Cornershop y Cencosud (Diario Financiero - August 16, 2020)
- Latin Lawyer Elite 2020 (Latin Lawyer, August 13, 2020)
- TTR DealMaker Q&A with DLA Piper Partner Matías Zegers (TTR, August 10, 2020)
- Solarcentury adquiere terrenos del Gobierno chileno para tres parques solares (July 27, 2020)
- Venta de Cornershop a Uber sortea la valla de la FNE y solo resta la aprobación de México (Pulso – May 30, 2020)
- Architonic compra ArchDaily para crear la mayor plataforma de arquitectura en línea (Lex Latin – May 26, 2020)
- Los últimos movimientos de Cornershop para ganar ante la FNE (Pulso - May 24, 2020)
- Directorios y COVID: Meter la nariz, ¿y las manos? (El Mercurio - May 19, 2020)
- Fondos de capital de riesgo aseguran que industria chilena seguirá creciendo y vaticinan más "exits" de emprendimientos locales (El Mercurio - May 14, 2020)
- El comienzo de una nueva era entre ArchDaily y Architonic: sus protagonistas adelantan retos y planes de la fusión de ambas plataformas (El Mercurio – May 7, 2020)
- Giddings Fruit obtiene recursos para financiar compra de activos (Lex Latin – March 9, 2020)
- CarbonFree obtiene financiamiento para proyectos solares en Chile (Lex Latin – March 2, 2020)
- Best Lawyers 2020: baja presencia de mujeres marca última entrega de guía legal para Chile (Diario Financiero – December 3, 2019)
- Mazars y CGC UC reúnen a directores y analizan desafíos del contexto actual (Diario Financiero – November 18, 2019)
- Uber triunfa donde no pudo Walmart y compra participación en Cornershop (Lex Latin – November 14, 2019)
- Expertos enjuician plan de Luksic en sueldos: inviable para pymes y debe pasar por directorios (El Mercurio – October 25, 2019)
- La trastienda del acuerdo y los escenarios que enfrenta la compra de Cornershop a manos de Uber (El Mercurio – October 14, 2019)
- El equipo especialista en capital de riesgo detrás de la operación en Chile (Diario Financiero – October 14, 2019)
- Uber aceleraría expansión de Cornershop con su compra y app podría desembarcar en Europa (El Mercurio – October 12, 2019)
- Uber enciende el mercado del delivery con anuncio de ingreso a propiedad de Cornershop (Pulso – October 12, 2019)
- El quién es quién del mundo legal en Chile, según el ranking especializado Leaders League (Diario Financiero – September 24, 2019)
- Grenergy refuerza estrategia de rotación de activos en Chile con la venta de 27 plantas solares (Lex Latin – September 10, 2019)
- Matías Zegers, abogado de Cornershop (Revista Capital – August 30, 2019)
- Nuevo director en Link Capital Partners Administradora General de Fondos (Estrategia Online – August 21, 2019)
- Selina’s Expansion of operations in Chile (Global Chronicle – August 2, 2019)
- Selina llega a Chile con la ayuda de Grupo Patio (Lex Latin – August 1, 2019)
- Abogado de Cornershop: “Los grandes patrimonios deben atreverse a asumir más riesgos” (Diario Financiero – July 29, 2019)
- Matías Zegers: “Hoy las compañías se reúnen directamente con autoridades, porque está regulado y es público” (El Mercurio – July 21, 2019)
- Atlantica gets syndicated loan for Chilean transmission line (Latin Lawyer – July 19, 2019)
- Centro de Gobierno Corporativo UC y Mazars desarrollarán ciclo de conversaciones para comités de directores (Diario Financiero – June 24, 2019)
- Ser o parecer: Regulación en Gobierno Corporativo (El Mercurio – April 29, 2019)
- Enel Américas afirma que alza de capital no es una operación entre partes relacionadas (El Mercurio – March 1, 2019)