Mr. Zegers is the partner in charge of the corporative area of the firm, giving advice both to Chilean and foreign clients, regarding transactions, mergers and acquisitions, capital market, corporate governance, private equity and venture capital. Likewise, he has been invited several times to participate in different National Congress legislative committees to advice in matters of his area of expertise. He is also frequently quoted by the press, radio and television with regards to the same matters.
– Graduate in Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (1994), receiving his Law Degree in 1995
– LL.M, The University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) 2002
Spanish and English
– Partner, as of 2006 to the present
– Cariola, Diez, Pérez-Cotapos y Cía Ltda., 1997- 2002, 2003-2006
– Davis Polk & Wardwell, Nueva York, 2002 – 2003
– Allard, Orrego y Cía. Ltda., 1995 – 1997
– Corporate and Commercial Law, specialized in Mergers and Acquisitions
– Banking & Finance
– Capital Markets
– Corporate Governance
– Private Equity
– Venture Capital
– Professor of Commercial Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (1997- present), Also, imparting the postgraduate courses of “Mergers and Acquisitions” and “Corporate Governance”
– Director of the Department of Commercial, Economic and Tax Law, School of Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
– Executive Chaiman of the Corporate Governance Center UC of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
– Visiting Scholar at the Law School of Standford University (2016-2017)
Affiliations and Activities
– Chilean Bar Association
– International Bar Association (“IBA”)
– Member of the Latin American Roundtable in Corporate Governance, OECD
– Member of the Task Force for Related Party Transactions, OECD
– Member of the Chilean American Chamber of Commerce (Amcham) Finance and Capital Markets Committee
– Chambers & Partners (Corporate and M&A)
– Best Lawyers (Corporate and M&A, Venture Capital Law, and Corporate Governance and Compliance)
– The Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A)
– IFLR 1000 (Corporate and M&A, Capital Markets and Private Equity)
– LACCA (Capital Markets)
– Latin Lawyer (Corporate and M&A, Anticorruption Investigation and Compliance, Banking and Finance, and Corporate Governance)
– Who is Who Legal (M&A and Governance)
– Leading Lawyers Chile, as the top lawyer in technology and enterpreneurship and number 3 in Board Advisory work.
– The Jaime Eyzaguirre Award for Educational Excellence, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2013).
– “Notes about the evolution of corporate law in Chile” (co-author with Roberto Guerrero), Ed. Marcial Pons, 2019.
– “Analysis of the first attempt at imposing self regulation on corporate governance in Chile: Results of an oximoron”. Co-author with Eduardo Walker and Maria Paz Godoy, to be published in Revista Chilena de Derecho.
– “Principle of Confidence in Information Presented by the Society in Light of Directors’ Duty of Care”, Business Law Studies, Thomson Reuters, 2014.
– “There Is a Duty of Particular Care for Independent Directors”, Business Law Studies, UC
– “Business Groups and Information: Is it a Privilege of the Controller’s Directors?, Business
Law Studies, Thomson Reuter, 2018.
– “Securities Finance”, Chile chapter, International Financial Law Review, 2011 al 2016.
– “Manual sobre Derecho de Sociedades”, Ediciones UC, First Edition, 2014. Co-authored with Roberto Guerrero V.
– “Gobierno Corporativo en Latinoamérica: Un análisis comparativo entre Brasil, Chile, Colombia y México.” Research sponsored by the Instituto de Empresa, Madrid, Spain, December 2013. Co-authored with Josefina Consiglio.
– Co-author, “Social Interest, Duty of loyalty of the Directors and Conflict of Interest in Multinational Companies: A Comparative Analysis of the Legislation of the United States of America”, Chilean Law Gazette, Vol.31 N°2, 2004.
– “Mergers & Acquisitions 2001”, Latin Lawyer, 2000.
– Getting the Deal Through, Securities Finance, 2011.
– Getting the Deal Through, Securities Finance, 2012.
– Getting the Deal Through, Securities Finance, 2013.
– Getting the Deal Through, Securities Finance, 2014.
– Getting the Deal Through, Securities Finance, 2015.
– Getting the Deal Through, Securities Finance, 2016.
– Getting the Deal Through, Corporate Governance, 2017.
– Getting the Deal Through, Securities Finance, 2017.